19 days ago
Senior Project Engineer
Senior Project Engineer, Aztec West, Permanent, Competitive Salary & Benefits
Closing date: 22nd February 2021
We are currently looking to recruit the Senior Project Engineer who will report directly into the Temporary Systems Project Manager within the PMO group and will be responsible for the managing and leadership of all activities associated with the full life cycle delivery of contracts or work packages assigned to them.
This exciting opportunity will offer you to join our team and contribute to one of the most exciting and challenging construction projects in the country, as we lead the rebirth of Nuclear industry in the UK. We are embarking on the safe construction of two EPR’s at Hinkley Point C (HPC) in Somerset. As this role will require you to work so closely on the Somerset project the role will be relocating to the HPC site in 2022/2023.
As the Senior Project Engineer, you will take responsibility for ensuring delivery of all the engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction and commissioning activities for the life cycle of the contract or work package in accordance with the overall Project schedule. You will ensure planning and delivery is in accordance with all safety, quality, time and cost parameters to meet the needs of the Project. Working closely with business units to assist in the effective knowledge transfer within the workforce, while developing your own skills and forging an exciting future.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The key duties that the successful candidate will be required to carry out are:
• Support the Temporary Systems Project Manager with day to day activities required to deliver work in line with the project plan including safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives.
• Working with the Temporary Systems Project Manager define the work scope to be delivered within the contract or package of work and the interfaces to the other elements of the programme
• Manage the delivery of assigned small projects, jobs and tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures.
• Prepare and maintain project documentation including Project Definition Document, Quality Plans and other documents as required.
• Developing and executing effective execution strategies and plans in line with the overall programme execution plan (PEP), setting out how the programme of work will be managed, organised and executed.
• Maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders and executing the project or PEP strategies within their contract or package of work
• Under the guidance and direction of the Temporary Systems Project Manager drive the delivery of the contract or package activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements. Monitor and manage the progress of the programme - track progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters
• Anticipate, manage and resolve issues within the contact or package. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop and update the programme budget, and escalate any issues to the Temporary Systems Project Manager
• Ensure level 3 schedules are developed and maintained for the contract or package of work. Ensure such schedules are consistent with overall Project schedules (levels 1 and level 2). Escalate any discrepancies to the Temporary Systems Project Manager
• Facilitate and chair project meetings and regular progress meetings as required by the Project Manager
• Ensure that contract or package contractual requirements are fulfilled
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all project team members
• Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Review documentation including contractor’s documents and drawings.
The successful candidate will be characterised by the following knowledge, qualifications and experience:
• Ideally minimum 2-5 years project or engineering experience.
• Typically, degree educated, in engineering or a related subject. Chartered or equivalent preferred.
• APMP formal project management qualification preferred but not essential.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including Construction Design Management and Health and Safety at Work Act.
• Knowledge of budget monitoring, commercial awareness and experience at managing contractors.
• Strong understanding of the need for Quality within the project environment and familiarity with the use and structure of Quality Assurance documentation.
• Must be well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Suitable relevant project experience within engineering/construction projects, including the application of project management processes.
• Track record of delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector or similar regulated environment.
• Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills.
• Experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout complex projects
• Good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills. Excellent communication and organisational skills, able to develop relationships and maintain effective networks.
• Strong numerical and analytical skills.
• Detailed understanding of PWR design and experience in PWR operations.
• Can demonstrate experience of managing project through the project lifecycle from concept to handover
• Understanding the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk about flexibility in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
#WeAreEDF and are leading the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future, tackling climate change and helping Britain achieve net zero.
We are leading the UK's nuclear renaissance, we’re constructing a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C, with plans for new power stations at Sizewell C in Suffolk and Bradwell B in Essex. Around a fifth of the UK's electricity is generated by our eight nuclear power stations, helping power our customers' homes and businesses.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. It’s a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we’re about the people who work with us – a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that’s vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we’ll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.