12 months ago
Senior Project engineer
Requisition ID :2019-56076
Work Location :GB-Surrey-Woking
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Automation
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Project engineer to be based in Woking.
Role Specific Responsible:
* Successful delivery of ICSS scope
* Coordination of relevant 3rd party packages
* Support project manager in delivering the overall scope
* Management of the scope & identification of changes to scope
* Development and management of the L4 schedule in line with Needs of the project and key milestones in Level 3 Schedule
* Alignment of deliverables and schedules with area PMs
* Technical level interfaces with TCO and PJV both on and offshore (Regular meetings and reviews)
* Management of the Engineering teams assigned to own area
* Planning and arranging H/W and S/W testing as appropriate, with support from Test coordinator and Engineering team
* Responsible for identifying the resource requirements and communicating with PAS engineering team
* Responsible for management of issues at technical level both internally and externally
* Responsible for quality of the outputs for assigned areas
* Promote and comply with Wood and Client’s HSSE policies and procedures
* Champion of Wood’s Quality Program and Procedures
* Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and of others who may be affected by your actions.
* Not to misuse any equipment and report any damaged equipment.
* Report all injuries, incidents and near misses and to proactively support our behavioural based observation system
Skills / Qualifications
Qualifications & Experience:
* Relevant delivery experience gained from engineering within Automation and Control projects
* Solid knowledge of Industrial Control & Safety Systems
* Demonstrable background in design, development and implementation of large scale Industrial Automation system
* Preferred BSc Degree or equivalent experience
* Strong computer and database skills preferred
* Strong leadership ability, communication skills, loyalty, enthusiasm, and diplomacy
* Good negotiation and presentation skills
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.