8 months ago
Senior Project Electrical Engineer
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
VACANCY: Senior Project Electrical Engineer
Johnson Matthey is currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity in our rapidly expanding Battery Materials division.
The successful job holder will be instrumental in the rapid delivery of state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and infrastructure for high energy cathode powder materials (i.e. mixed metal oxides). This role will form a key part of the Engineering Team and will have responsibilities for the planning, design, engineering, supervision and coordination of both capital and non-capital projects. Key to this role is working to challenging timelines to help deliver rapid Global capacity expansion for both existing and Greenfield production assets.
* Key lead on the electrical and instrument engineering FEED for new manufacturing assets, as part of a multi-discipline engineering team.
* Responsible for overall electrical and instrument equipment design for the projects.
* Set engineering deliverables for the design team and review output.
* Conducting studies to determine the requirements of new/modified facilities, equipment and systems.
* Ensure all relevant specification documents are prepared in adherence to JM corporate procedures and agreed with the client.
* Leading electrical dialogue with external parties including equipment vendors and trial facilitators.
* Supervise and instruct the work of external consultants and designers as required by projects.
* Assign deliverables for the installation contractor and check compliance.
* Assist with troubleshooting during commissioning and operation.
* Communication of data with key stakeholders
Are you the ideal candidate?
* Degree or HND qualified in electrical / instrument engineering or equivalent.
* With experience in HV and LV equipment specification for chemical process plants.
* Experience of instrument specification and integration into design.
* Experience with the specification, use and diagnosis of programmable logic controllers (PLCs) would be beneficial.
* Experience of functional safety (IEC-61511) and trip systems would also be beneficial.
* Extensive knowledge of general electrical design standards and the IEC and EC code requirements.
* Firm attitude to managing EHS from flowsheet, through process design to commissioning and operations.
* Capable of leading and directing team members.
* Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management.
* Delivery focussed to business-critical timescales and able to work under pressure. Demonstrated experience of project delivery to a customer-driven deadline would be an advantage.
* Must be a flexible, team player with strong communication skills.
* Accommodating of moderate levels of domestic and international travel.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.