5 months ago
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - no compromise, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our programme management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee major events and infrastructure programmes of work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Senior Project Control/Project Controls Manager
To help lead the development, implementation, use and maintenance of project controls processes within the project control function for the whole duration of the project.
The project controls manager reports directly to the project controls director and is responsible for the direction and co-ordination of all project controls activities associated with the design, construction and commissioning of all plant and construction systems to deliver EPR’s within safety, quality, time and cost milestones for a specific area/scope of work. This position supports the development of an overall integrated plan and budget for the project and to establish effective and fully transparent reporting and controls across the whole project.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Managing 2 to 10 direct reports (area cost engineers, schedule engineers and risk coordinators).
* Monitoring the process and performance of contracts.
* Monitoring, updating and reporting of the baseline budget and schedule for their respective area/scope of work.
* Supporting the head of function, contract managers and project managers to through the introduction and implementation of the project controls processes and procedures and project systems.
* Assisting in leading, coaching and supporting all staff within the project controls function.
* Managing the visibility, accuracy and transparency of the project critical path.
* Providing interface, direction and coordination across a specific area/scope of work within the project - close working relationship with site construction project controls manager, responsible engineering project controls managers and procurement and the commercial function.
* Acting as the focal point for control of work against schedule and definition of project progress for a specific area/scope of work - directly inform the project control of decisions relative to re-allocation of resources and scheduling of activities.
* Delivering end to end project management from design to commissioning of an area/scope of work.
* Supporting the schedule management and reporting for projects - including cost and earned value reporting and management; client and resident designer schedule management.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
* Relevant 5+ years' experience in a project management or project controls environment.
* Previous experience on a large project in a similar project controls role.
* Experience of shaping and developing strategic changes through management of large projects.
* Experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex construction projects, in a regulated environment.
* Proven experience of leadership (to include budgetary and staffing responsibilities).
* Extensive experience in ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility through large and complicated capital build projects.
* Detailed understanding of strategic planning techniques and strategic risk analysis.
* Detailed understanding of PWR design and experience in PWR operations.
* Good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills.
* Strong numerical and analytical skills.
* Strong knowledge of planning and scheduling systems and tools.
* A degree qualification or HND in construction management, engineering, Physics or other equivalent in a related discipline is preferred.
* Professional membership of a relevant professional body or working towards membership is an advantage.
"Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel."