4 months ago
Exciting opportunities in a truly unique environment.
If you want to work in a unique and innovative environment, then AWE could be the perfect place for you – whether you are a scientist, an engineer, a mechanic or a business professional. Whatever stage you’re at in your career, we’re always looking for high quality candidates.
AWE are recruiting for a Senior Project Controls Manager to work in the Finance and Business Management Team. This job will primarily work to improve the overall performance for a specific area of the business through the provision of Business Management analysis and expertise and leading of embedded teams. Team size and shape will vary depending on project area and deployment.
You should have experience within the following: Key controls, Financial Modelling & Scenario Analysis, Performance Analysis, Project Planning, Project Cost Engineering, Risk, Issue & Opportunity Management, Long Range Planning, strong team leadership exposure.
Location – Reading area
Package – £55600 upwards
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependant). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
· Providing challenge and insight to the business around the drivers of performance
· Line and Task-managing the team in accordance with company policies, processes and guidelines
· The production of business plans, performance management baselines, performance forecasts, project close and ad-hoc options / scenarios, as required, in accordance with the appropriate procedures and guidelines
· Ensuring that all deliverables produced by line and task-managed resources meet the required deadlines and quality
· Managing responses to internal demands that mitigate the impact on business performance
· Ensuring the output of resource demand and supply discussions is reflected within forecasts
· Being the single point of contact for the Business Controller and Business teams on business area performance
· Supporting or developing Finance & Business Management policy and procedures as required.
· Good general standard of education – including Business and or Project Management (APM) qualification or equivalent
· Experience in a business or project control leadership role
· Experience in leading, managing and integrating multi-discipline teams
· Experience of influencing sound business strategies to deliver savings and efficiencies
Individuals interested in this permanent opportunity will be required to be eligible for UK Security Clearance.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country’s nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.