10 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
We’re always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of our customers experiences they’ll love. And it’s the work of our brilliant in-house Product Development and Technology teams that drive these award winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology and content to make sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package, an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a range of other benefits to help you make valuable tax and national insurance savings too.
Your key responsibilities:
As a member of the Product Design and Definition team, you’ll be part of a team whose mission is to design and help bring to market exceptional Sky products our customers love.
- Understand product briefs and requirements;
- Identify multiple solutions and explore benefits and trade-offs;
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of customer insights;
- Frame problems and opportunities in the context of their impact on products;
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of design, technology & business changes in the industry;
- Maintain expertise in associated software, and industry trends.
- Explore problem solving through ideation and prototyping to create greater clarity and insight to the problem;
- Create wireframes, user journeys and low fidelity prototypes;
- Create, deliver and maintain design specifications and assets across product platforms;
- Ensure consistency with brand guidelines and design style guides;
- Help drive the design process, developing solutions from start to finish.
- Collaborate with product, engineering and other stakeholders to help create briefs and develop product requirements;
- Present work with confidence to stakeholders across Sky;
- Self-manage workload and assist in the workload of others;
- Act as mentor to Product Designers and share knowledge across the team.
- Experience of working on end-to-end projects, from initial concept to shipping a product;
- Experience designing services across multiple touch points or at least the aptitude to think through the entire user experience, not just a single digital touchpoint;
- Thorough understanding of UCD/HCI principles;
- Visual design and motion skills;
- Knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Experience of prototyping, testing and iterating on designs;
- Experience of following agile frameworks and working in a cross-functional team;
- Knowledge of prototyping tools such as InVision, Marvel or Principle.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better