4 months ago
Senior Procurement Advisory Consultant (LEE00000W)
: United Kingdom-West Yorkshire-Leeds
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world. As a wholly independent organisation, we are owned in trust for the benefit of our employees with no shareholders or external investors we determine our own business priorities and direction.
Our UK based infrastructure advisory team undertakes a wide range of work for our clients which include governmental and private infrastructure asset owners, operators & contractors; regulatory and policy organisations; and investment institutions. We provide expertise in:
• Asset management
• Assurance and Regulation
• Data analytics
• Digital, technology and trials
• Guidance, standards and specifications development
• Investment and business case
• Procurement and performance requirements
• Risk and Resilience
• Safety policy and advice
• Strategy & policy
We pride ourselves on multi-disciplinary working, an approach which integrates the many technical abilities of our global organisation. Therefore our staff can find themselves working in partnership with our experts in investment advisory, planning, environmental consulting and all aspects of civil engineering.
We are particularly focused on ensuring and enabling digital transformation, both in the services we offer to our client and through our internal processes.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients, and will join an unrivalled community of experts who will support and advance your career path.
Our existing procurement advisory team is growing to respond to an increasing workload. We are looking to strengthen our procurement team to fulfill the following responsibilites:
• Developing procurement strategies for client organisations, that deliver the best outcomes, are lean and practicable. Specific consideration given around how to optimise extended supply chains and meaningfully engage SMEs.
• Defining and running procurement competitions for client organisations
• Providing ongoing support and advice to clients managing contracts
• Appling digital technologies and processes to improve our service offering.
• Application of procurement regulations and the appropriate legislative frameworks (not legal advice)
• Development and application of contractually binding performance requirements, both output and outcome based
• Providing advice around forms of contracting including ICE, NEC and FIDIC.
• Provide commercial and business advice on contractual implications
• Providing advice and support to clients regarding the competitive dialogue process
• Undertaking procurement capability assessments
• Designing and delivering pre-procurement market engagement
• Development of supplier incentivisation models
• Develop and deliver training on procurement and contracts
• Audit and assurance of contract compliance
More general requirements of the role include:
• Contribute to client accounts and business development activity working with clients to understand their needs and form compelling proposals for consultancy services
• Develop and build strong client relationships and command the confidence of others, internally and externally.
• Manage projects, commercials and multidisciplinary teams.
• Engage with other parts of Arup and a range of internal stakeholders to help influence other disciplines on taking a holistic and strategic approach to asset management with our clients including people, process and culture service offerings.
• Design and delivery advisory service offerings.
• Continually seek to broaden knowledge and contact base, including awareness of broader business, economic and political environment.
• Due to the nature of our work you will have the opportunity for professional development and gain a broad range of skills, providing you with the opportunity of further responsibility and promotion. Both commercial and technical training is available and encouraged as you gain more experience.
Projects will be allocated to you on a regular basis for varying lengths of time, which provides a diverse working environment. You will have an opportunity to work on projects all over the world, while learning from our experienced team.
Requirements and skills
Essential skills and knowledge
• Degree ideally in an engineering, quantity surveying or related discipline
• Ideally, a member of the ICE, CIHT, RICS, CIPS
• Chartered or working towards Chartership, or similar professional accreditation
Skills and Experience
• Experience of working with infrastructure oriented clients (e.g. DfT, Highways England, Network Rail, London Underground, TfL, Water utility companies, Energy companies & DNOs, Office of Road & Rail Regulation, local authorities).
• Experience of providing procurement and contract advice to such clients.
• Knowledge of procurement models and forms of contract with an emphasis on the NEC suite of contracts
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and stakeholder management skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to develop novel solutions and exhibit innovative thinking.
• Knowledge of the key issues and opportunities facing civil infrastructure in the UK
• Commercially aware, both project and business focused
• Be planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines
• Enthusiasm for a career, underpinned through a knowledge and understanding of the infrastructure sector
• Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving
• The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
• Be flexible to the needs of the business, and in changes to project plans
• Be dedicated to the delivery of projects, and the development of the team and the business as a whole
Reward and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.