5 months ago
Title : Senior Process Engineer (Contract)
Requisition ID :2018-29750
Work Location :GB-Cheshire-Warrington
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Process
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer with extensive experience in the nuclear industry.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
The Senior Engineer will support the discipline Lead or RE with the coordination of the Project Engineering work and interrelation with Project discipline teams. The Senior Engineer is also responsible for implementing Engineering Procedures and maintaining the required standards of technical quality in the project work.
Your responsibilities will be supporting various and diverse nuclear clients providing Front End Engineering Design including:
* Waste retrieval and treatment
* Decommissioning projects
* Nuclear new build
* POCO and care and maintenance projects
* Nuclear fusion
* Design justification or assessment of new and existing process plants as part of safety reports.
* Technical assessment on behalf of Nuclear regulators
* Key discipline contributor in Feasibility and Optioneering Studies.
* Hazard Identification Studies.
* Process Design Development.
* Business development through participation in bid work (technical and costing / scheduling)
* Leading small teams of multidisciplinary engineers, both internally and combined with partner companies, joint-ventures and client teams.
* Production and Checking of process deliverables including:
* Process flow sheets,
* PFDs / P&IDs,
* Datasheets and underpinning calculations
* Basis of Design,
* Process Descriptions etc.
Skills / Qualifications
* 5-10 years of experience in an engineering design capacity
* Demonstrable design experience in a highly regulated environment, preferably in the nuclear industry
* Demonstrable Experience in a similar role.
* Degree Qualified as a minimum
* Knowledge and experience of the Cumbria, North West Ltd design process, standards and deliverables would be advantageous
* Ideally will hold a Masters or equivalent, and hold Chartered Engineer status with the IChemE
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.