21 days ago
Senior Process Engineer
UK - Teesside
Efficient Natural Resources
Vacancy: Senior Process Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
At Johnson Matthey we are recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer to provide engineering support in order to develop industry leading technology and catalysts; support proposal and basic engineering activities; support client training and commissioning activities; improve design methods and investigate plant performance issues. The successful applicant will work within Catalyst Technologies.
What does Catalyst Technologies do?
Our business serves the oil, gas, commodity chemicals, petrochemicals, and fine chemicals industries. We pride ourselves on our technical expertise and the relationships we foster with our customers are built from the appreciation of the knowledge base we can bring to support their business.
Principal accountabilities & Scope
* Execute and Lead process engineering design activities, following JM standards and procedures to schedule and budget as advised by the Lead Engineer / Technology Manager / Project Manager
* Develop and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations, process engineering datasheets and drawings to specify the process engineering requirements of our technologies
* Develop new process technology working closely with the R&D group.
* Remain up to date with the latest technical developments in your fields of expertise
* Demonstrate, provide and develop appropriate technical solutions for specific project issues
* Support internal development and continuous improvement activity as required
* Take a proactive approach to personal & professional development
* Ensure JM health, safety, environmental and quality procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety is achieved in all associated work
* Identify department/business improvement opportunities to enhance the departmental offering.
* Give quality and competitive technical advice to customers (internal and external) and suppliers, and seek consultation as required.
* Broaden technical and commercial understanding of JM technologies.
* Achieve/Maintain charter status of recognised engineered body.
* Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
* Substantial relevant experience
* Proven process engineering design experience with technical safety and environmental aspects
* Proficient in use of Engineering Software, eg Hysys, ProII, Aspen+
* A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative
* Demonstration of customer focus and ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and corporate objectives
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online or contact -******* for more information
Closing date for applications: 23 November 2020
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.