about 1 year ago
Senior/Prinipal Electronics Systems Engineer
An experienced systems engineer with experience of electronics or software is required to work on a brand new project within Dyson.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
When you invent something, the right technology often doesn’t exist to make it work. So we make our own. From advanced systems, components and power supplies to building a digital motor from scratch, Dyson electronics engineers have enabled our ideas to become reality. As our future products rely more on robotics, connectivity, and complex sensing and navigation technologies, our high speed electronics will stand us apart. From designing the hardware to the systems, that make Dyson machines as reliable as they are intelligent, our electronics engineers are central to our most pioneering RDD.
Requirement Development and Maintenance from Stakeholders Level to Subsystem Level and manage the traceability
1. Promote Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) for the project 2. Support Design and Solution Reviews to ensure Design proposals take into account existing Constraints 3. FMEA Development and Reviews 4. Coordination with all other disciplines (research, product design, mechanical design, UX/UI)
5. Modelling and analysis of the product and sub systems using SysML modelling tools 6. Writing system test procedures to verify product level requirements 7. Functional Safety Analysis 8. Support Trade Studies and Identification and Assessment of the Risks 9. Support or carry out the technical evaluation of suppliers and contactors.
10. Support Verification and Validation 11. Support Decomposition of the system requirements into hardware and software requirements 12. Support technical gate reviews 13. Support process development 14. Able to work in a dynamic and fast pacing environments with a Can Do attitude (no challenge is too difficult)
15. Hands on 16. Start-up mentality, dynamic, independent
Degree level qualification in an Electronic/Software Engineering Discipline.
1. Ideally 6+ years of relevant work experience 2. Good communication and motivation skills.
3. Working experience with SysML modelling tools.
4. Model Based System Engineering knowledge 5. Work experience on Requirements development/management 6. FMEA experience, (experience on Functional Safety Analysis is a plus)
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, very generous leave, income protection, and private medical and dental care (level dependent). But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition