10 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Vessels Engineer, at Principal or Senior Level, with extensive experience in the nuclear, oil and gas or petrochemical industries to support the design of a significant nuclear processing plant.
The candidate will be required to develop the Vessel Design Packs for the plant as part of an integrated team with Sellafield Ltd, meeting the requirements of SL Category Management to ensure that the level of information available can be used by the nominated vessel manufacturers. In particular, the candidate will need experience in the design and specification of vessels.
Skills / Qualifications
* Minimum 5 years’ experience of working within a highly regulated industry, preferably within the nuclear industry.
* Suitably qualified and experienced to produce and check deliverables
* Experience in using Finglow or PV Elite for designing vessels
* Experience in developing Vessel Specifications / Design Packs
* It is essential the candidate can manage their own workload and drive completion of the work scope independently
* Ability to communicate effectively with team members, vessel manufacturers and Client team
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.