about 1 year ago
Senior/Principal Transport Planner
We are currently recruiting for a Senior / Principal Transport Planner with between 5 - 10 years experience to join our team engaged in all aspects of traffic and transportation planning including transport assessments for new developments, master planning, urban regeneration and sustainable transport projects. This includes projects for a broad range of clients including Highways England, Public Sector organisations and private sector clients. We have particular requirements in the North West but opportunities exist in all offices.
The successful candidate will assist in and manage the preparation of all aspects of our work and will have the opportunity to become involved in a wide variety of exciting transport planning projects. He or she will be a critical part of a very busy, commercially focussed team which has an expanding workload and will be required to undertake a variety of tasks that are required in order that project delivery deadlines are met.
As part of the role, you will be required to liaise with other professionals including Architects and Town Planners and hence must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
We’re committed to developing our staff and as such the successful candidate will benefit from one-to-one training on a wide range of tasks that encompass transport planning and external training is also provided and offered on a company-wide basis.
Key Requirements are as follows:
* 5-10 years experience in transportation/development planning;
* Ability to deliver transport planning solutions, manage junior staff and successfully manage projects;
* Good all-around knowledge of all aspects of transport planning for developments from strategic appraisal through to transport assessments and traffic engineering;
* Sound technical experience, including familiarity with relevant software e.g. TRANSYT, LINSIG, ARCADY, PICADY etc;
* Experience in preparing and writing transport assessment and travel plan reports with attention to detail;
* Understanding and experience of working in the Planning Regulatory framework, application of current highway design guidance and application of the relevant planning circulars and development control policies;
* A track record of having worked on a variety of transportation planning projects;
* A highly motivated individual and ideally a member of a relevant professional body;
* The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients (both written and orally);
* Capability to work to deadlines and work autonomously when required; and
* Understanding and experience of the operation of management systems for quality, financial and project control.
Capita provides transport planning advice and development planning assistance to both the public and private sector. Our services range from data collection and traffic modelling to detailed transport assessments and travel plans to scheme design and assessment from a transport perspective.
If this opportunity is for you then we'd love to hear from you – click apply now.
“Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership”