8 months ago
Title : Senior / Principal Process Control Engineer
Requisition ID :2018-23851
Work Location :GB-Berkshire-Reading
Department / Discipline : Process
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an opportunity for a Senior / Principal Process Control Engineer to join our team in Reading in a staff position. This is an opportunity for you to be a part of an experienced team, with successful candidates taking responsibility for issues and deliverables on Wood’s projects at all stages of the design process.
We are currently looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on this project.
* Responsible for the development of Process Control requirements for projects which includes Control and Operating Philosophy, Cause and Effects charts, Process Control Narratives, HAZOP and general control requirements
* Co-ordination and progress of process control applications design for one or more projects, as assigned
* Liaise with Suppliers’ representatives and other departments on all matters relating to process control applications design for assigned projects
* Interaction with a client, specifically with regard to providing consultancy after the contract award, in assessing or assisting in the definition of process control user requirements
Skills / Qualifications
* Chemical Engineering degree (minimum), (Chartered Engineer status is highly beneficial)
* A good amount of experience within a contractor, operator, consultancy or other relevant organisation
* A self-motivated individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proof of work on approved technical investigation projects and computer programs
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.