6 months ago
Atkins is one of the world's leading rail engineers. Its rail business is the largest in its field in Europe.
We undertake projects from feasibility through to detailed design and construction management. Our engineers are skilled in the design of OLE projects, Layout Plans, Cross sections, Switching cross sections, Section Diagrams and Bonding plans.
We have committed forward workload and a strategy to achieve growth through expanding our existing client base to provide consultancy services including outline design, detailed design, and consultancy advice.
• You will hold a minimum qualification of HNC in Electrical/Mechanical discipline
• An experience proven in the production of all aspects attributed to OLE designs
• Experience at managing interface issues with other rail engineering disciplines on multi-discipline engineering projects
• Good understanding of Network Rail Standards, Group Standards, British / European Standards and Railway Safety Principles
• Proficient in the use of Microstation CAD system
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ideally you will hold a Degree and be qualified to Chartered Engineer status (or working towards) with relevant and appropriate experience of OLE engineering design /consultancy
• An understanding in the use of Auto Cad
• Previously acted as CRE for OLE design
• Able to think logically and laterally, solving problems creatively and assessing them rationally
• Able to multitask and respond to short-notice changes
• Able to act with initiative and to take responsibility
• Be self-motivated and able to work independently and within a team
• Able to organise self and others
• Able to work to time and cost budgets
• Able to learn about new subjects quickly
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express ideas, concerns, solutions, suggestions in written or oral form in such a way as to be understood by those with or without a technical background
• Positive with a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude
• Able to demonstrate experience in a similar role
• Willing to work with Clients and their project teams
• Identify and input to activities in support of the wider business objectives that may draw upon skills in addition to those outlined above
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.