10 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Would you like a chance to join Arm’s Central Technology organisation and work alongside some of Arm’s most senior technologists and architects? In this role you will join Central Technology to lead the design of Arm’s Image Signal Processors (ISPs) and set the technical direction of our Imaging and Camera business. This is an opportunity for you to lead, literally at the front-end of the dynamic Imaging and Computer Vision revolution, working with some of the most talented scientists, engineers and commercial teams in the industry.
What will I be accountable for?
You will be taking the lead on Arm's next-generation ISPs, working with modelling teams to prototype new architectures and ensure our products enable market leading Image Quality and Computer Vision accuracy within tightly constrained area and power budgets. You will need to keep up-to-date with the newest technology trends in the field and apply that knowledge to craft Arm’s future camera and imaging strategy. As part of the role, you will collaborate with product marketing and understand the commercial environment in order for you to help define and prioritize technical requirements. Your broader view will enable you to work with Arm's Image Quality Assessment and Algorithm Research teams to set priorities and track progress of new algorithm development. Finally, you will also support the ISP hardware and software engineering teams during development of ISP products you led the design on.
* You should have a deep understanding of digital cameras, image processing and computational photography.
* Having strong influencing skills is a huge plus as you'll be working in a multi-discipline team across multiple functions.
* Significant (7+ years) of experience developing innovative technology related to cameras and imaging to have forged a strong intuition.
* Experience designing ISPs, especially for Smartphone and Surveillance cameras.
* Experience developing, evaluating and implementing Computer Vision algorithms.
* Experience developing and training Convolution Neural Networks or other ML techniques.
* Experience working with Image Sensors and related interfaces (E.g. MIPI-CSI).
* Experience building or tuning camera control algorithms, such as 3A algorithms.
* Knowledge of ASIC & hardware development methodologies.
* Familiarity with C/C++ & Python.
* Knowledge of MatLab based modelling of image processing algorithms.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Located close to Nottingham and Leicester in the heart of the Midlands, our Loughborough office is home to the new Imaging and Vision Group, which provides solutions that will allow next generation devices to understand and act intelligently on information from their environment. With access to great shopping, year-round events and sport on your doorstep, Loughborough combines the charm of a small market town with a renowned university in Loughborough University.
1 Summerpool Road
Related Jobs Loughborough
Related Jobs Central Engineering - Central Technology