11 months ago
Senior/Principal Geo-technical Engineer
We’re recruiting for talented and motivated candidates who want to develop their career with a global consultancy, working on challenging, interesting and innovative projects.
We’re specifically looking for a Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist to join our Geo-environmental team in Manchester. The role is within our Geotechnical discipline working with a range of Geotechnical Engineers, Civil Engineers and Engineering Geologists on projects across the UK and further afield. You will be working closely with our established team in Leeds.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have a genuine interest in this field and have relevant experience in this field of the industry.
Our team of experienced Geologists and Geotechnical Engineers will offer mentoring and the opportunity to progress to professional Chartership following a formal Chartership training scheme. We tailor your training and development accordingly to achieve your own personal goals, providing the specific support you need to reach your potential.
Your responsibilities and role will predominantly be in the geotechnical and brownfield development sectors. You’ll need to combine ambition, insight and confidence with a commitment to giving clients the very best solutions. You’ll always be looking for new ways to solve problems – not because they’re new, but because they provide workable solutions that meet your client’s needs.
Duties will include;
* Ground investigations (Design and Supervision),
* Scheduling and interpretation of Geotechnical Testing,
* Foundation Design,
* Slope Stability,
* Earthworks Assessment and Specifications,
* Interpretative Reporting.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
You’ll need to combine ambition, insight and confidence with a commitment to giving clients the very best solutions. And you’ll always be looking for new ways to solve problems – not because they’re new, but because they provide workable solutions that meet your client’s needs.
* First degree in Engineering Geology, Geotechnics or Civil Engineering – upper second class honours degree or above or first degree in Geology combined with a Master’s degree in Engineering Geology or Geotechnics;
* To have/or to be working towards a recognised professional qualification and membership of appropriate professional bodies;
* Strong interpersonal / team working skills, with a good working relationship with all levels of the organisation, clients and contractors;
* Experience of working to relevant UK Geotechnical Standards (EC7, BS8002, 8004 etc);
* Developing technical skills in geotechnical design in particular foundations, slope stability and earthworks;
* Experience with designing and supervising earthworks schemes;
* Familiarity with relevant software packages such as MS Project, Word, Excel, AutoCAD and geotechnical design software etc.;
* Experience with geotechnical software packages such a Slide, Wallap or similar;
* The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear English
* Familiarity with Holebase and associated data management
* Basic knowledge of contaminated land risk assessment
* Chartered Engineer and / or Geologist
* Knowledge of Highways England publications and procedures, provision of services to HD22-08
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, and Asia. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through six business streams:
* International Development
* Infrastructure & Built Environment
* Programme & Project Management
* Surveying & Asset Management
* Planning and Transport
WYG plc’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, life insurance, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare, additional holiday and travel insurance. You’ll also benefit from a tailored package or professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.