9 months ago
Atkins provides drainage design and flood risk assessment services to Private Developers, Rail, Water, Energy and Highway markets. Due to a growing workload we are keen to strengthen our existing team.
We require a Senior Civil Engineer to join the team of 30 staff in our Belfast Office. You will be required to lead on the design delivery of infrastructure for Private Developer and Transportation projects with emphasis on Flood Risk/Drainage Assessments and storm/foul, railway and highway drainage design including SuDS features.
You will have strong technical and project management skills and the confidence to oversee ventures for a range of private and public sector clients.
We actively encourage strong, direct relationships with our clients, internal and external, so you will also be required to work with existing internal and external clients developing and building networks that will underpin new business. You will also share our passion for environmental solutions and work with our clients in making the most of the opportunities.
* Honours Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
* CEng, MICE/CWEM/CEng MIEI or equivalent or nearing qualification
* Essential Criteria
* Experience in the conceptual and detailed design of development infrastructure – storm/foul drainage including attenuation and flow control to Sewers for Adoption NI;
* Experience of undertaking FRAs and DAs to NI Legislation (PPS 15) and knowledge of current DfI Rivers requirements;
* Be conversant with drainage elements of DMRB.
* Working knowledge of the CDM Regulations 2016 (NI)
* Experience in leading teams undertaking the conceptual and detailed design of highway/railway drainage including SuDS treatment/attenuation provisions;
* Experience in the use of design software (MicroDrainage and/or Civils 3D and/or Infoworks ICM);
* Experience of the transportation and/or housing, commercial sector;
* Experience working with Private Developers;
* Good understanding of design procedures, risk assessments (design, site etc), change control, checking and review;
* Relationships with the relevant Statutory bodies e.g. NIEA, DfI Rivers and NI Water;
* Experience in the design and detailing of building drainage and external works packages;
* Ability to develop, price and agree scope of services;
* Understanding/Experience of commercial aspects e.g. Contracts;
* Knowledge of FEH and other hydrological methodologies.
* You will be responsible for:
* Managing and Developing a team of engineers and technicians undertaking FRAs and producing infrastructure design packages
* Ensuring compliance with the CDM Regulations 2016 (NI) and safety and environmental requirements
* Bid preparation and the work winning process
* Maintaining and developing client relationships
* Client contact for technical and design matters
* Undertake design reviews and taking responsibility for deliverables
* Budget tracking
* The Individual
* You will possess the following:
* Be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of multi-disciplinary teams
* Demonstrate experience in a similar role
* The ability to create, manage and work to time and cost budgets
* Good communications skills
* A willingness to work with Clients and their project teams
* Good presentation and report writing skills
* A flexible approach to work
* Identify and input to activities in support of the wider business objectives that may draw upon skills in addition to those outlined above.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Travel to other Atkins and client site locations may occasionally be necessary and you must willing to travel as required from time to time which may involve stays away from home.
Rewards and Benefits
Atkins’ competitive core benefits package includes:
25 days paid annual leave plus 8 bank holidays and the ability to purchase up to 15 days additional leave or sell up to 5 days leave
Contributory Pension Scheme, Atkins will match and double employee contributions
Life Assurance Scheme
Personal accident cover
Professional fees paid
Give as you earn – charity contributions
Private medical insurance discount
Employee Referral Bounty Scheme
IT Related discounts
Bike4Work scheme – opportunity to benefit from tax and NI savings on a new bike used primarily to travel to work.
Health Club Membership Discount – Corporate rates available on over 1,700 participating health clubs, spas and gyms
Leisure discounts 15% off Virgin Experience Days, discounts available on Thomas Cook holidays, get between 25% - 50% off Merlin Entertainments (including Alton Towers, Madame Tussauds, Sea Life Centres etc.)
Employee Assistance Well-being Programme – 24 hour free confidential information and advice
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview