about 1 year ago
Title : Senior / Principal Design Safety Engineer
Requisition ID :2017-21403
Work Location :GB-Berkshire-Reading
Department / Discipline : Tech Safety
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has a requirements in our Design HSE group for Principal and Senior Design Safety Engineers to work on an agency basis in our Reading office. We have a number of projects developing in the near future and we are looking for engineers to become members of an experienced team. In this role you will have responsibility for process safety issues and deliverables across a range of Wood's projects at all stages of the design process.
We are currently looking for a professional with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements.
* Preparing and executing process safety activities and deliverables including HSE Philosophies, HSE Plans, consequence modelling, HAZOP, HAZID and SIL
* Writing Health and Safety Plans and Philosophies
* Reviewing project documentation
* Conducting safety studies and risk assessments both qualitative and quantitative
* Conducting process safety reviews and audits
* Participating in HAZOP, HAZIDs and SIL reviews, sometimes as Chairman
* Overseeing all process safety issues and deliverables primarily during the FEED and the detailed design phases of projects
* Meeting project deadlines and milestones for deliverables
* Liaising with project management and client
* Interpret process safety related legislation and standards
* Conduct technical work within budgetary and time constraints
Skills / Qualifications
* Degree in an Engineering discipline, preferably Chemical or Process Engineering
* Membership of a recognised professional institution
* Experience within an engineering contractor or consultancy, operator, or other relevant organisation
* Experience of working in the process industry and energy, oil and gas, refining and petrochemical sectors
* Exhibit a broad experience of a range of process safety topics and be able to demonstrate understanding across these topics
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Good Microsoft Office skills and general computing skills
* Experience working across multiple business sectors
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.