8 months ago
Senior/Principal Design Lead
Date published: 22-Aug-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Working with the Client’s Team and the wider ESD team, this person will manage the process of developing projects (or bundles of like projects) from Scottish Water Capex2 Outline Design Stage through to Cx4 Detailed Design Stage ensuring stakeholder engagement, 3rd Party liaison and compliance with relevant standards and procedures, with appropriate regard to risk to the health and safety of all concerned and ensuring good customer satisfaction.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
• Maintain good relationships with Client, Joint Venture partners and Suppliers at all levels.
• Ensure integrated solutions are developed for projects, whilst aligning proposals with the Delivery Strategy for ESD.
• Ensuring that the BMS is implemented at all stages throughout the project delivery process
• Ensuring, in conjunction with the ESD Design Manager, that an adequate Technical, Safety and Environmental review is carried out for each project
• Ensure all commercial aspects of the project are managed in a timely and proactive way giving accurate forecast and estimates
• Understanding and implementing the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets
• Being aware of the need to satisfy customer requirements with the aim of enhancing the customers’ perception and satisfaction
• Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
• Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
• Degree or equivalent qualification
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.