about 1 year ago
Senior / Principal Civil Engineer
Requisition ID :2020-71518
Work Location :GB-Tyne and Wear-Newcastle upon Tyne
Department / Discipline : Civil Engineering
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, an opportunity has arisen for two Senior / Principal Civil Engineers to join our team based in Newcastle. Working within various multidiscipline project design teams, you will be expected to make a significant contribution to the delivery of the civil engineering design content on a range of challenging projects across various sectors including Government, Energy, Commercial, Industrial and Infrastructure.
These positions will perform a broad range of planning and design tasks for stand-alone water and wastewater treatment, sewer flooding, water and sewerage networks and general infrastructure projects, as well as civil design tasks associated with support of other multi-discipline projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to play an important role in our growing team. We are looking for experience in the implementation of the design of waste water projects and to play a key role in delivering our increasing workload in this area. With frameworks with most of the major Water Companies there is substantial potential for career development and growth.
Key responsibilities will include project management of multi-disciplinary projects, technical leadership, preparing proposals and contributing to our range of projects predominantly in the Water Sector but also across a range of other sectors.
Duties will include field investigations, analyses and studies, as well as the development of plans, construction drawings, specifications, design calculations, reports and contract documents. The position will be technically involved in detailed design work, detailed checking of work completed by others, coordination of civil and non-civil designs on multi-discipline projects, as well as resolution of design issues during construction.
* Organising and managing site based investigations
* Development of designs and the co-ordination of the CAD team
* Completing civil engineering design calculations
* Development of design solutions
* Preparation of technical reports at various project stages including feasibility, concept and detailed design
* Preparation of contract documents
* Co-ordination of the production of construction drawings in CAD
* Managing data in a BIM environment
* Working closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects
* Providing input to proposals, work scope, work schedule and budgets
* Liaison with the Client
* Providing support to allow the project team in relation to the duties of Designer under CDM including the production of design risk assessments
Skills / Qualifications
Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Civil Engineering and ideally a Chartered Engineer, you will have experience in the project management, design and technical delivery of water and wastewater treatment projects.
You will have experience of building strong customer relationships and managing projects from feasibility, conceptual and detailed design through to the construction management phase.
Education, Experience & Proficiencies:
* BEng Civil Engineering
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
* Experience in working collaboratively to encourage, scope and deliver projects using DfMA/ MMC methodologies and techniques
* MEng degree in Civil Engineering
* Civil Engineering related work experience
* Water industry experience
* Proficiency in AutoCAD
* Proficiency in Civil 3D
* Proficiency in Revit
* Proficiency in BIM
* Experience in Microsoft Project
If you have the right experience and skills, and are keen to contribute to an enthusiastic team delivering quality projects, we will be pleased to hear from you.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.