6 months ago
About the Role:
As one of the world’s leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms, at WSP, we’re passionate about the big questions. And big answers, naturally. For us that’s all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that’ll make a profound impact felt long into the future.
A typical week would include:
Assisting in the interpretation of Systems Assurance related statutory and industry requirements, standards and practices and ensure that WSP’s Systems Assurance strategy and Policy works towards meeting those expectations.
* Assisting in the development and deployment of appropriate technical methodologies to support both proposals and project delivery;
* Assisting in the development of necessary tools, techniques and resources to meet the emerging requirements of our market sectors;
* Assisting in the recruitment, line management, professional development and deployment of technical resources (including procedures for technical competence and staff assignment);
* Developing, capturing and sharing the collective knowledge of our workforce;
* Promoting training, professional development and career planning programmes;
* Support business development and client liaison to maintain pipeline consistent with budgetary goals;
* Creating awareness and marketing WSP’s services in the field of Systems Assurance to potential clients;
* Dealing with compliance with and implementation of Company and BU requirements in respect of Quality, Safety and Environmental management.
* Providing technical leadership, advice and guidance in the field of Systems Assurance to PB (including any external suppliers employed by WSP).
* Supporting Project, Functional and line managers to apply and manage systems assurance matters in accord with WSP’s management systems and through audits ensure compliance with statutory and accredited standards is maintained.
* Ensuring satisfactory delivery of Systems assurance services to clients.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related discipline, or extensive relevant experience.
* Knowledge and experience in the application of accepted systems assurance methods using techniques such as RBDs, reliability modelling, FMECA, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) , HAZOP, Safety Cases and Hazard identification.
* Knowledge and experience in the application of tools such as, AvSim, Fault Tree+.
* Experience in Systems Assurance, with some at a senior level
* Corporate Member of an appropriate professional institution
* Hands-on RAMS experience and general engineering experience in a safety related or safety critical environment
* The ability to lead and delegate to a team of system assurance engineers
* The ability to successfully represent the Systems Engineering & Assurance Group to senior managers and directors.
* The ability to successfully represent the company to customers and regulatory authorities
* A good understanding of electrical/electronic systems.
* Understanding of current system assurance management practices, such as Yellow Book, CENELEC, BSI IEC 61508, DEFSTAN 00-056, 00-58, 00-55
* Experience of having managed Projects and Project teams to achieve successful delivery
* Some formal Project Management training and be able to progress to accredited status.
* Experience of the management of technical resources.
* Network Rail approved Independent Safety Assessor
* Experience of performing Human Factors and Ergonomics assessments
* Experience of performing Through Life Costing
* Experience of performing systems assurance at Railway Operation level.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out for more info about the great work we do.