4 months ago
The Sr. Preconstruction Engineer - HVAC/Plumbing assists the preconstruction team through the development of cost estimates, value management, and estimate proposal reports. This position solicits subcontractor pricing or bids and is able to prepare scopes of work for all trade contractors. The Sr. HVAC/Plumbing Cost Estimator must be able to meet critical deadlines, accurately obtain quantities and develop pricing for building components and have the ability to work as part of a team.
What You’ll Do;
* A key contributor providing timely and accurate work;
* Expertise in quantity surveying and pricing work in both conceptual and detailed design phases;
* Strong subcontractor relations and knowledge of our procurement processes;
* Knowledge of construction pricing;
* Able to develop estimates for HVAC and Plumbing elements at concept and detailed levels of design;
* Has developed skills as a technical writer capable of annotating assumptions and clarification narratives to support the estimate work;
* Good knowledge of the subcontractor market, able to attract subcontractor interest in our work and to explain our prequalification process to subcontractors;
* Can propose value management options in the discipline expertise areas;
* Ability to track and manage value management options using the company PCE process;
* Can confidently present work internally and externally in various formats and situations;
* Develop an understanding of the companies risk management procedures;
* Support project team migration to greater use of BIM/VDC tools;
* Mastery of Sage Timberline estimating software.
We’re Looking For:
* Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products, BIM software tools, subcontractor outreach tools, estimating software;
* Broad understanding of industry;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills;
* Functions effectively as part of a team; Collaborative;
* Keep project team informed on job progress;
* Strong math/analytical skills;
* Ability to meet critical deadlines;
* Accuracy of work;
* Ability to make effective decisions;
* Must be dependable;
* Customer oriented;
* Perseveres through challenges;
* Able to prioritize workload and assignments;
* Seek training opportunities;
* Builds confident relationships with peers / coworkers
* Considerate of co-workers
* Works effectively in a diverse workforce
* Flexible interpersonal skills to work with all coworkers and external stakeholders
* Must have a good attitude and be approachable
* Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
* Must have high level of integrity and be trustworthy
* Good time management skills and organizational skills
* Ability to understand and follow directions;
Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or equivalent/applicable degree;
Generally 5-10 years of estimating, controls and/or engineering experience.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2016, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $6.8 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $17.7 billion in 2016. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2017 by Forbes.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
Skanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.