3 months ago
Career Opportunities: Senior (PLAXIS) Geotechnical Engineer, for COWI in UK (32098)
Req ID 32098 - Posted 03/06/2020 - United Kingdom - General - Posting Location (1)
Job Description Print Preview
Email Job to Friend
Return to List
Do you want to join one of the UK's leading design consultancies Can you add to our success, whilst also developing your career and reputation Are you a Chartered Structural or Civil Engineer (C.Eng) Then join us in designing the future.
JOIN COWI INTERNATIONAL's TEAM IN GLASGOW
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings and planning. Together with our over 6,500 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
As a member of the UK team, you will support local and international projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including railways, highways, metros, marine, wind, hydro, and more.
You will be joined by hundreds of skilled experts, collaborating over the entire lifecycle of a project – from idea, concept and design, to operation and maintenance within our portfolio of tunnels & underground structures, bridges, complex structures, ground engineering and reclamation projects.
DESIGN THE FUTURE WITH A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
In this position, you will join our global team of experts and work closely with the Principal Engineer. Your primary tasks will be to produce and check designs.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
* Production of engineering design and details in accordance with project requirements using Plaxis software when appropriate
* Geomechanical principles and their application, including some or all of:
* Soil mechanics and foundation design
* Rock mechanics and rock mass behaviour
* Slope stability and slope remediation
* Groundwater behaviour
* Preparation of design calculations, written reports and checking of drawings
* Mentoring junior engineers and developing their technical skills
* Visits to site as required
COWI is a leader within our field, because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments.
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER, WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute your expertise and get to learn from the best.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you should be an accomplished team leader with excellent communications and rapport building skills.
Furthermore, you shall:
* Hold a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and a Master or PhD degree in Geotechnical Engineering with strong soil-structure interaction modelling skills
* Be proficient in Plaxis 2D software and preferably Plaxis 3D
* Possess a strong understanding of the principles of soil mechanics and geotechnics and have a detailed knowledge of the constitutive models used in numerical analysis, including Hardening Soil Model
* Have a sound understanding of various ground engineering systems, with a preference for deep excavations, ground water control, slope stabilisation, grouting and ground treatment
* Be familiar with Eurocodes, have a sound understanding of CDM Regulations, specifically the designers' requirements and the risk assessment process You will have the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
* Be familiar with general geotechnical design programs covering slope stability, pile group design, retaining walls etc
* Be self-motivated with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
Please call our Talent Acquisition Manager, David Haynes on tel. +
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing. The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Email Job to Friend
Return to List
Email this job to a friend
The job has been sent to
Please provide the information below
*Your email address:
*Your friend’s email address:
*Confirm you are not a robot:
Powered by SuccessFactors