9 months ago
Senior Planning Engineer
Job number: UK14687
Company/Division: Power Transmission Distribution
Career area: Project Management
UK, Yorkshire and Humber, Leeds
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Planning Engineer to join our Power Transmission & Distribution business based in Leeds
Responsible for the updating and maintenance of all aspects of the Power T&D OHL, Cabling, or Substation project P6 programme.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Planning Engineer, your main responsibilities will be as follows:-
* Plan, structure and lead the planning of the project programme of works;
* Manage the interface between the programme and the operational staff through structured meetings, programme and progress reporting;
* Highlight both the dependencies and the interfaces between stakeholders;
* Identify programme risks and propose mitigation strategies;
* Identify programme opportunities and propose capture strategies.
Who we're looking for
The following experience/qualifications are required:-
* Working knowledge of Primavera preferably on Power Transmission projects;
* Operational experience of construction projects;
* Knowledge of Project Management methodology;
* Proven ability in working with operational teams to capture real time progress;
* Experience working in an NEC3 contract environment.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Our contracts range from GBP50,000 schemes to GBP100 million plus major projects.
Our people are our biggest asset and we focus on recruiting, training and developing the people who can apply innovation to deliver the infrastructure of the future. We nurture these talents, offer a great benefits package and continually invest in developing the skills of our people at every level.
Balfour Beattys Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions.
With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations.
From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the worlds most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.