9 months ago
Title : Senior Planning Engineer
Requisition ID :2018-28900
Work Location :GB-Lanarkshire-Glasgow
Department / Discipline : Project Control
Additional Work Location : GB-Faslane
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Planning Engineer with experience in the oil and gas or nuclear industry. As the demand for our expertise continues to grow an opportunity has arisen for Planning Engineers to work as part of the Wood Project Delivery Function. This role will be based between our offices in Glasgow and on our Clients site at Faslane.
The position is responsible for planning and progress reporting of a large project in support of Project Managers and Project Engineers.
SC clearance is required for this role. It would be advantageous if the candidate already holds this.
Skills / Qualifications
* Provide a planning service to the projects with responsibility for accurate progress reporting and analysis
* Assist Project Managers & Project Engineers with plans for tenders
* Preparation of Monthly Project Reports (internal and external)
* Variances investigation and reporting e.g. investigating schedule variances
* Assisting Project Managers & Project Engineers with producing EAC (estimate at completion)
* Managing project baselines
* Assisting PMs with change management
* Ad hoc project reporting
* Experience in a Project Planning role
* Experience with Primavera P6 planning software
* Excel skills
* Experience with financial or cost management software
* Attention to detail and good numerical skills
* Good communication skills
* Able to work independently and as part of a team
* Bachelor degree an advantage, but not essential
* A QCF qualification in Planning/ Project Controls an advantage, but not essential
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.