8 months ago
Job number: UK11537
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Planning & Scheduling
Region/State: North West
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty is recruiting for a Senior Planner to join our Regional team to work in Cheadle. You will be working on civils projects with values of £5million to £40million from feasibility through to delivery. These are predominantly highways schemes so experience within this sector would be advantageous.
This particular team use both P6 and Asta software and will consider Planners who favour either program as the emphasis is on finding a Planner with the right operational experience.
Under the supervision of the Project Lead, Bid Manager or Planning Manager, you will be responsible for implementing the requirements of the tender and / or project planning procedures, ensuring compliance with the business management system and for some aspects of team management, as and when required.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Planner you will:
Be responsible at tender stage to the Bid Manager for the range of activities involved in the project planning life cycle, to include:
* Ensuring that the programme content is functionally compliant with the planning procedures and guidance
* Producing the Tender Programme and supporting information in accordance with the tender requirements
* Developing overall programmes, issue to all parties for review and implement recommendations, innovation and best practice as applicable
* Reconciling company and sub-contract plant/labour and major materials elements in conjunction where appropriate Applying resource levelling techniques as necessary
* Interfacing with third parties to identify and resolve issues
In addition to the above, at contract stage the Senior Planner is accountable to the Project Lead for:
* Ensuring that the Contract Programme is produced, managed and maintained in accordance with the planning procedures
* The issue and communication of the Contract Programme to the Project Lead for onward issue to Client and Project Team
* Ensuring that all other project planning and programming necessary for the execution of the contract is properly undertaken
* Provide support, as required to the BIM Co-ordinators to meet the project requirements or tender submission deliverables
* Set up appropriate lean visual programme metrics to assist the Project Team to timely deliver projects and improve productivity, performance and safety of projects
* Training, mentoring and managing junior planners / graduates in the planning function
* Guidance and day to day management of secondments into the planning team
Who we're looking for
Individuals will require:
* Substantial experience of planning services within large complex environments within the construction and engineering industry
* Experience in the use of planning techniques and the required planning toolsets
* Knowledge of various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications
* Good understanding of various methods of planning, programming and progress monitoring
* Good understanding of the events that initiate, and of the methods used to demonstrate, delay or change entitlement
* Operational experience of the civils industry, methods of construction, plant, equipment and labour requirements
* Relevant CSCS Card
A degree, or HND in a relevant subject is desirable, as is Professional membership of one or more of the following: RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.