6 months ago
Title : Senior Piping Designer (SP3D)
Requisition ID :2017-19676
Work Location :GB-Berkshire-Reading
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Piping
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Piping Designer SP3D with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
* Carrying out various piping activities and preparation of deliverables as identified in the Functional Competencies as necessary on their appointed project
* Signing drawings and documents as originator/checker in accordance with correct procedures
* Ensuring engineering and design quality, technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities etc
* Execution of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures and client and projects standards
* Adhering to Wood engineering procedures for design safety and adopting safe attitudes towards engineering design and raising features affecting the safety and integrity of the project with appropriate authorities
* Correct interpretation and implementation of all piping CAD and system related functions in their appointed area
Skills / Qualifications
* Gained engineering experience in the process plant / or power industry, working in a project environment for a contracting company
* Project experience of working in a variety of projects including grassroots, brownfield and revamp types
* Sound knowledge of pipe routings and development aspects and phases of plot plans including understanding of other piping design skills such as stress analysis, specifications etc
* Experienced in working with large teams
* Experienced in using intelligent CAD systems for various types of projects
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.