about 1 year ago
Senior or Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: salary commensurate with experience
The Geosciences team within RSK Group is one of the UK’s largest geotechnical and contaminated land consultancies with ambitious plans for growth in the future. The Geosciences team provides consultancy and design services to a range of external clients including engineers, house-builders, oil companies and local authorities. Our current workload includes major infrastructure projects, housing developments, landfills and commercial warehouses.
RSK is currently recruiting for a Senior or Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer to join our well-established and experienced Geosciences consultancy team in our Hemel Hempstead office. RSK prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and allowing employees to reach their full potential.
Senior or Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer, based Hemel Hempstead
A Senior or Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer responsible for managing site investigations for both geotechnical and environmental content, seeing the project through from commencement to completion. All project work to be carried out with due diligence adhering to RSK Group procedures and completed within budget and timescale. Good communication skills needed plus financial management experience. The candidate must work well within a team environment and be self-motivated.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with projects in the southeast of England (but could be in other areas of the UK) as directed by the Team Leader or other project staff. More specifically you will be:
* Managing a variety of geo-environmental projects for both external clients and for other teams within RSK;
* Providing technical support at all stages of assigned projects and controlling project costs;
* Overseeing ground investigations and desk studies;
* Contract administration and preparation of tenders;
* Soil logging to current UK standards, including laboratory scheduling;
* Geotechnical reporting requirements beneficial;
* Writing interpretative reports;
* Good knowledge of contaminated land legislation and reporting requirements;
* Preparing and checking technical notes, drawings and reports;
* Prepare proposals and tenders and contribute to business development activity;
* Travel to other offices and sites within the UK (as needed).
In addition, the successful candidate will:
* Mentor and support new team members as appropriate, providing guardianship and imparting your knowledge and expertise to less experience employees;
* Establish and develop strong working relationships with new and existing clients, which is integral to the growth of the Geosciences department in Hemel Hempstead and the wider business;
* Provide technical leadership in the day to day delivery of projects.
These particular roles would be suitable for applicants who are looking develop their career to the next stage. Critically you will understand the importance of building strong working relationships by delivering a successful service on time and within budget.
* BSc or equivalent in Geology, Environmental Science or similar;
* MSc desirable but not essential;
* Chartered Engineer/Geologist/Scientist with a relevant professional body or working towards Chartered status with a relevant institution;
* Typically requires at least 6-10 years specific relevant experience;
* A thorough understanding of geology, ground investigation works, contaminated land, geotechnics;
* Knowledge of planning legislation;
* Significant and demonstrable experience of site inspections, studies, design and reporting, preferably on residential developments;
* Able to complete factual and interpretative assessments;
* Able to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy;
* Able to write proposals that are both technically sound and commercially accurate;
* Provide strong technical leadership and mentoring skills to junior staff;
* Strong track record in managing time and resources effectively and within budget.
Salary and benefits
* £ commensurate with experience;
* Contributory Pension Scheme;
* Free life assurance cover;
* A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care;
·We encourage Continuing Professional Development and, as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society, we are committed to supporting candidates along the pathway to Chartership.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.