about 1 year ago
The role is to provide sound technical skills to ensure project requirements and client’s specifications are fully met. The role should also provide advice and guidance to staff within the discipline.
Main Responsibilities / Key Accountabilities of the job:
• Provide conceptual, outline and detailed design for OLE engineering solutions in allocation, basic and construction design.
• Prepare feasibility studies, technical reports and other written documents.
• Design detailed allocation and construction design, and assessments on the Overhead Line Engineering of horizontal and vertical track alignment schemes.
• Deliver work to programme, budget and specification
• Be competent to check elements of OLE engineering solutions.
Skills and qualifications required by the candidate:
• Previous experience in Overhead Line design
• Knowledge of UK rail industry practice and a familiarity with railway standards.
• A degree, HNC or other relevant qualification in a relevant discipline.
• Competent in the production of drawings using CAD software, ideally Microstation
• Membership of a relevant professional organisation
• Enthusiastic, committed with a ‘can do’ mentality
• Computer literate with MS Word and other MS Office modules.
• Driving licence desirable.
• Already on / Previous Experience of being on a company Accreditation Certificate as “Designer” and “Checker”
• Hold Valid PTS.
• Produce design concepts, drawings, specifications and other technical documents
• Supervise the work of junior staff.
• Provide input into project quality plan and implement quality practice in all projects.
• Suggest best methods and practices to meet technical and project requirements.
• Ensure compliance with H&S, Environmental and other appropriate regulations.
• To undertake any other reasonable task as requested.