about 1 month ago
Senior Noise Consultant
Requisition ID :2019-63886
Work Location :GB-London
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Salary: £Competitive + benefits
Senior Noise Consultant
Due to continuing success in the Major Infrastructure sector, Wood is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Noise Consultant to join our 600 strong Environment and Infrastructure solutions team in either our London or Birchwood office.
The successful candidate will join an established team of acousticians providing primarily noise impact assessment services (including design, modelling and monitoring) to a wide variety of Major Infrastructure clients. The acoustic team provide assessment services to a broad range of sectors including road, rail, aviation and nuclear projects.
The successful candidate will lead small to medium / medium to large sized noise projects for the Senior and Principal grades respectively. Client relationship and business development experience is desirable but not essential. The position would suit an individual who is looking to advance their career in an expanding business area within a global firm.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide technical management of projects in key areas of our business. In addition, the successful candidate will contribute towards the continued growth and development of the team and be involved in identifying business opportunities and providing client contact.
Anticipated core duties:
* Managing noise and vibration input on internal and external projects;
* Understanding and applying relevant UK noise policy and regulations;
* Application of noise and vibration expertise to support the planning process;
* Construction noise assessment and management;
* Use of Geographical Information Systems to improve the quality and efficiency of noise and vibration assessments;
* Liaising with clients and stakeholders;
* Authoring and checking reports/assessments;
* Preparation and checking of proposals;
* Staff management, development and mentoring;
* Commercial management of team input to projects;
* Using innovation to improve working practices.
Skills / Qualifications
* Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in acoustics or a related discipline;
* Relevant consultancy experience post qualification;
* Corporate member of the Institute of Acoustics;
* Experience managing noise and vibration input on internal and external projects;
* Knowledge of UK noise policy and regulations
* Experience using Geographical Information Systems;
* Experience liaising with clients and stakeholders;
* Experience preparing and checking proposals; and
* Full driving licence;
* Chartered engineer or equivalent status.
Posting date: 16th September 2019
Closing date: 14th October 2019
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.