10 months ago
31 May 2018
40 hours per week
Hatfield (Head Office)
In a nutshell...
The Ocado Technology network team is made up of around 14 professional Network Engineers with the mission to ensure Ocado’s business technology keeps running and improving. We do this by providing and nurturing critically wired and wireless services that power Ocado.com and delight our UK customers. Furthermore, we are central to Ocado’s international expansion via the Ocado Smart Platform. We love to automate everything we can.
The Ocado network is based primarily on Juniper Networks hardware. MPLS drives the core of the network, leveraging the Juniper MX platform. In the Data centre, you will find a mixture of L3VPNs utilising BGP and OSPF attached servers, with some still using traditional ethernet attachment. Then there are the WAN and Enterprise edge networks that connect everything together.
As a Network Engineer:
Your proven skills will help you tackle a wide variety of problems, from creating, testing and validating working designs, to deploying at scale and maintaining their operational state. You will be a true team player with a “can do” attitude, and exhibit a superior customer-centric mindset.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our forward-thinking team and really make a difference.
What will I be doing
* Continually seeking, promoting and realising opportunities to optimise the network service
* Taking a leading role in road mapping and developing future strategies
* Working as part of a team, or independently, to create designs that are tailored to fit customer needs
* Testing new project designs and technologies with a robust analytical approach
* Providing projects and operational support that may include a 24/7 on-call rota
* Assisting with adding scripting, tooling and automation for network deployment, configuration and monitoring
* Scripting and automation using Python or other languages
We’d love to hear from candidates with...
* We are seeking candidates with experience at the Professional to Expert level (CCNP, CCIE, JNCIP, JNCIE) in computer networking
* A methodical and logical approach to problem-solving with excellent written and verbal communication skills within a team and with stakeholders
* Extensive experience working with some of the following platforms: Juniper MX, SRX, QFX, EX, F5s
* Excellent understanding of networking fundamentals such as the OSI Model and TCP/IP stack
* We are currently deploying data plane and control plane protocols such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VXLAN, EVPN, so knowledge of these will be advantageous
* Working knowledge of the network services required by a network to function and be manageable, such as DHCP, DNS, NTP, RADIUS and SNMP
* Ability to balance different workloads, prioritising work as necessary to get it delivered
We’re also keen on…
* University degree in Computer Science or STEM subject
* Experience with cloud interconnect technologies to providers such as AWS and Google
* Awareness of ITIL, Lean, Agile
What we can offer you
Within our flexible work environment, we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include a generous pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and, of course, healthy Ocado staff discounts (and free delivery) across our Webshops including Groceries, Fetch, Sizzle and Fabled.
We also have Friday socials on the first Friday of every month, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis (and much more), not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers.
Click to find out more about Ocado Technology and our recruitment process.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Ocado is an equal opportunity employer.