8 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“Our team is responsible for detailed 3G/4G/5G Radio testing of all ranged and future Sky Mobile handsets and tablets. We’re looking forward to welcoming someone new to our friendly, driven team” – David Cohen, Head of Access Network Development
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
The primary purpose of the Senior Mobile Device Tester is to ensure that the Sky Mobile Devices being proposed by a range of device vendors as candidates to be used on the Sky Mobile Network are consistently and thoroughly tested for integration, compatibility and service integrity with the 2G/3G/4G/5G Network.
– Ensure all devices are tested in the most efficient way to achieve Market launch and best possible customer experience.
– Provide valuable input to the wider business (Commercial/Product team) on device test progress and accreditation.
– Plan and execute device/network integration testing for 4G/5G devices in support of Sky Mobile accreditation programme.
– Validate Sky/Vendor test plans
– Liaise closely with Sky Mobile Test leads, device vendors and other internal teams on delivery and defects to ensure fault resolution.
– Perform root cause analysis on device to UTRAN/EUTRA & Core Network issues.
– Work on the latest 5G handsets to support Sky Mobile 5G expansion
– An in-depth understanding of Mobile Device testing methodologies and testing tools
– Experience of VoLTE, WiFi calling, WiFi offload and 5G testing
– Experience of using SIM Card readers/writers on SIM tracing tool and SIM equipment such as Comprion for tracing between SIM and UE.
– Experience of regression testing on UE based on GSM, EDGE, UMTS, LTE, IMS and 5G technology.
– Experience of SIP tracing for VoWi-Fi/VoLTE testing.
– Ability to use Handset tracing & logging tools i.e. Accuver XCAL, HIDs, Shannon and ELT Tools to validate test on protocol level (L3 messages).
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about