4 months ago
Senior Mechanical Estimator
Based Golborne / Stonecross
Main Purpose of Role
To prepare analytical estimates for a project to be used within the tender bid. Following the submission of the tender to attend meetings, negotiate and record all changes to the tender price required. The Senior Estimator will also be responsible for assisting the Estimating Manager with the complete tender submission as necessary.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
* Attend project start-up meetings and make site visits
* Produce enquiry schedules for scope of works& packages required from the tender documentation, drawings and specifications issued
* Identify tender deliverables required from the Project Designers
* Evaluate returned quotations from suppliers and where necessary enters into correspondence with suppliers to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements
* Prepare BOQ for scopes of projects on estimating programs
* Input to project risk register and attends a project risk meeting in the presence of Estimators, Planning Engineers, Design Co-ordinators and Clients representatives
* Attend tender price settlement meetings in the presence of the tender team with Estimating Manager,
* Prepare commercial documents for tender handover to projects team
* Carry out duties / functions under JMS Quality and Health & Safety Management Systems
* Assist the Estimating Manager in promoting interaction with the appropriate functional leader to facilitate successful development of solutions to problems and estimates
* Assist the Estimating Manager in working with the site commercial team to ensure budgets & programs are reflective of actual delivery experience
* Make tender amendments where applicable utilising client feedback on submitted tenders
* As necessary provide supports and respond to tender queries made by project team personnel
* In conjunction with the Contract Manager / Senior Management review contract details relevant to the company’s ability to deliver under the contract
* Review tender documents assessing scope, risks involved, tender complexity and provide feedback to Estimating Manager
Experience & Skills Required
* We are looking for a self-sufficient Senior Estimator with experience in a similar role
* Preferably have experience in pricing structures, earthworks and drainage within an Oil & Gas / Energy / Power environment
* Experience in the use of estimating software would be valuable, in particular the CCS Candy System
* Site experience on projects
* Proven successful estimating experience in civil engineering, including undertaking role of an estimator
* Extensive variety in types of work priced
* IT Literate
* Primavera P2. (Desirable)
At Murphy, we believe our people are our greatest asset, which is why they are at the heart of our company and everything we do.
The diversity of individuals and skills we require is simply huge and we need a large workforce of varied skills to match the size and complexity of our projects.
With such a range of projects and professions, Murphy is the ideal place to develop your career. We offer a number of apprentice, graduate and entry level positions within our Murphy Academy, as well as roles for more experienced candidates.