9 months ago
Atkins are one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and have been voted one of the Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work for 2015.
Our Water, Ground and Environment business have been successful in securing a number of multi-million pound design frameworks within the UK Water Industry between 2015 and 2020. We will also be providing engineering expertise to a wide range of UK and international clients in water and environmental related projects - but outside of the regulated UK Water Industry.
We have an opportunity for two Senior Mechanical Engineers based in Epsom, who are able to innovate and challenge standard practices. We want great communicators who can integrate well and who see beyond the standard approach to design delivery.
You will be expected to lead multidisciplinary design schemes as well as providing technical expertise to a group of highly motivated, developing engineers.
This is an exciting time to be joining Atkins.
* Candidates must be Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering.
* A Chartered engineer or close to chartership.
* Proven understanding of the design and supply chain process – and how we collaborate with our clients and partnering contractors.
* Experienced with revised CDM regulations and with relevant HSE legislation.
* Experienced within the water engineering sector, with experience in wastewater and clean water, treatment and distribution desirable.
The Senior Mechanical Engineers will be required to undertake the following duties:
* Undertake technical design work at optioneering, feasibility, outline and detailed design stages.
* Provide project Health and Safety leadership with a firm understanding of the designer’s responsibilities under CDM.
* Provide technical support, guidance and expertise to other members of the project team.
* Develop opportunities through close liaison with both internal and external Clients.
* Detailed understanding and experience of the contractual and commercial terms against which we deliver our work to our client.
* Capable of building and maintaining strong business relationships with internal line managers and external clients.
* Positive outlook and approachable manner.
* Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
* Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
* Ability to coach and develop others.