about 1 month ago
Job Title : Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location : Oxford - Oxford, OX2 6AT UK (Primary)
Organisational Unit : Hoare Lea -> Mechanical
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Mechanical Engineering
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Job Description : Senior Mechanical Engineer
Competitive salary + benefits
We have an exciting opening for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Oxford.
Situated in the city centre with excellent commuter links to the Cotswolds and M4 corridor, you will join a talented, dynamic and diverse team of designers, engineers and technical specialists with a unique working culture. Our team is large and works on world-leading national schemes and is yet flexible enough to service local niche markets allowing significant talent growth and career progression.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be delivery focused and client facing. Working alongside the Team Leader you will develop and deliver, coordinated, collaborative, well designed and technically excellent design solutions that reflect our clients brief and aspirations.
We work closely as a team internally and externally with our collaborators to bring together professionals from diverse disciplines to solve highly complex challenges in the built environment. Problem solving is in our DNA.
By creating and embracing a unique culture we ensure we remain leaders in our field enjoying what we do, having fun and achieve the best results by delivering a consistent, high-quality service for our clients. For us it is personal.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will take an active role in growing the skills and abilities of our people, including supervising and training junior Mechanical Engineers;
- You will work on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and Internationally. These span a cross section of sectors with specific local focusses on Science and Research Laboratories, Hotels and Leisure, Higher Education, Commercial, and high end mixed use developments.
- You will be client facing, with the opportunity to lead mechanical services design on large projects and lead the multi-disciplinary team on small to medium sized projects within the office.
What We Are Looking For
- Ambitious, creative and driven
- Excellent technical knowledge in Mechanical Design Engineering.
- Thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
- Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
- Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver and control the tasks required
- Ownership of the quality of our outputs
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to be client facing
- Understanding and identify resource needs
- Mentor, develop and supervise junior members of staff
- Chartered engineer or close to
Why Work For Us
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits including. These include:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Active support towards further professional accreditation
- Friendly and dynamic team working environment
- Collaboration with specialist groups, with strong commitment to quality
- Significant opportunities for career progression
We are an award winning international firm of Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health (MEP) Consulting Engineers. With a focus on building services, our design-led service is supported by our commitment to innovation and sustainability. We look at the building as a whole and are involved in all aspects, from initial client discussions through to the building’s occupation and optimised carbon performance. By combining our MEP engineering design expertise with a range of complementary specialisms, we’re able to offer our clients a unique service.
This is an exciting time to join Hoare Lea as we are focused on growth, both in the UK and overseas. We are large enough to provide stability and opportunity, and small enough to recognise our people as individuals; this has led to a culture of flexibility, individualism and organic growth.
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates.For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon you providing evidence of your right to work in the UK.