9 months ago
Building Performance Engineering
Opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our developing multi-disciplinary team in central Cardiff CF11 9AB.
This relatively new office opened in 2015 and has grown organically into a team of over 30, including Building Performance Engineering (BPE), Structures, Infrastructure, Transportation, Geotechnical and Geo-environmental staff. Our modern open plan office looks out over Bute Park, and is located a stone’s throw from Cardiff Castle and The Principality Stadium. It’s a great place to work!
BPE is relatively new to Hydrock but the talent and motivation in our team has enabled them to grow very quickly, from one person five years ago to over 100 today and it has been and is, an exciting ride. We deliver contemporary mechanical and electrical engineering design that is simple to use, energy efficient and delivers value from building services. Recent examples of our work in the Cardiff office include Taff Vale Redevelopment, Techniquest, Brecon High School, a multitude of projects at Swansea University and Capital Quarter Student Accommodation.
BPE is an exceptional team and Hydrock is also an exceptional employer, as recognised in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For. We believe in looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment. Please check out our site for a wealth of information and examples but it all stems from our values, that include, having fun, respecting each other and family coming first.
Core job functions
* Supporting or leading on a number of projects
* Early stage strategic input to design from site appraisal/feasibility stage
* Detailed design to construction status information
* Liaison with design team, statutory authorities and contractors
* Undertake site surveys and inspection work
* Mentoring and development of junior staff.
* A proven Senior Mechanical Engineer, with a strong track record in the UK
* An articulate communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills
* Ambitious and dynamic, you enjoy change and variety
* Positive outlook and self-motivated.
This is a permanent position, offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer.