about 1 year ago
Building Performance Engineering
Opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our thriving Building Performance Engineering team, based in Manchester M2 4DN. This is a relatively new multidisciplinary office that has already developed into a team of over 20 Building Performance Engineering, Structural, Geotechnical and Geo-Environmental and Transportation staff. Our new office on Albert Square is open plan and up high, with plenty of natural light and views of the city - a good space to work in and feel good.
Hydrock is a market leader and an exceptional employer, as recognised in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For. We believe in looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment.
You can expect exceptional colleagues to work with and learn from and an interesting variety of challenging and sometimes prestigious projects. Recent examples include Kirklees College, the Manchester Life development, UK Hydrographic Office, Stockport College, Dyson Hullavington Airfield Campus, ESFA Schools, large scale renewable energy production and multiple high profile residential schemes across the UK.
* HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent certified Mechanical Engineer
* Be an experienced design engineer or come from a contracting background
* Strong communication, analysis, technical design and drawing skills
* Be a self-motivated team player with good people skills
* A comprehensive knowledge of current building regulations including gas and water regulations
* A sound knowledge of renewables including solar, heat pumps (air, ground and water)
* A sound knowledge of combined heat and power systems.
This is a permanent position, offering a competitive salary and excellent flexible benefits package.
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer.