about 1 year ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Capita are currently looking to appoint a Senior Mechanical Engineer who shall be given the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects across our Real Estate and Infrastructure division
Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Following years of continued success and growth in Capita’s Water and Environment team, we are expanding our teams across all levels to support our delivery of a variety of projects in the Rivers and Coastal sector whilst supporting our Water, Rail, Highways, and Tunnels divisions. Our key clients include the Environment Agency, Local Authorities and other leading national and international infrastructure providers.
The Capita infrastructure division delivers projects in the UK and across the globe. We have successfully delivered many high-profile projects including the award-winning Newhaven Flood Alleviation Scheme, Dalmuir Wastewater Treatment Works in Scotland and the £400M Shatin-Central Link Cross-Harbour Tunnels in Hong Kong. Our pipeline of opportunities includes some of the most exciting major infrastructure projects in Europe, including HS2 Phases 1 and 2 and the Oosterwelt Link Immersed Tube Tunnel in Belgium.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of our expansion process and to help Capita maintain and grow our position as a leading supplier of engineering and environmental services.
The Role & Responsibilities
Senior Mechanical Engineer is required to work on a variety of projects in the throughout England, Scotland and Ireland. The work is predominantly water-related including non-infrastructure and infrastructure related schemes. This includes wastewater treatment and associated pumping as well as water supply, treatment, and transfer systems. There is, however, a degree of building services work including HVAC, potable water systems, and fire suppression related projects that will also require input from time to time.
The successful applicant will join the water and M&E team working for the Principal Engineer within a developed small team environment involved in a wide-ranging role which could include (project dependent) design, bid preparation, specification and tender preparation, site asset surveys, energy efficiency green development strategies as well as part-time site supervisory roles on both clean and waste water construction sites schemes. The candidate will note there may be a requirement for some work out of the home base area in remote areas, and as such personal transport is considered a pre-requisite.
The candidate will note that the role will also likely include liaison with site-based operational and maintenance staff. Reporting to the Project Manager the successful applicant will be responsible for working within the team to provide a complete mechanical/electrical/civil solution within tight timescales and to tight budgets. There are significant long-term opportunities for career progression.
The successful applicant responsibilities shall potentially include, noting this to be project dependent, the following:
* Mechanical design.
* Bid preparation.
* Report production.
* Specification and tender preparation.
* Site asset surveys.
* Energy efficiency green development strategies as well as part-time site supervisory role.
* Liaison with operations and maintenance staff on site.
* Be able to ensure compliance with current industry standards and to work with all stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes.
* Be able to produce clear and concise written documentation for operational staff who undertake ongoing operation and maintenance of plants.
* BEng or MEng in Mechanical Engineering.
* Demonstrable understanding of mechanical engineering.
* Able to carry out mechanical design and hydraulic calculations as well as having an understanding of pumping systems and pump selection.
* Able to understand and produce P&IDs as well as have experience in producing technical documents such as mechanical specifications, general, outline and detained system design drawings.
* Good communication skills and computer literacy including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft projects are all considered essential and the candidate will be requested to show previous examples of such skills.
* Ability to be diverse and flexible in nature to meet the changing roles of the employer dependent upon the demands of the commissions.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development are not optional extras: they are how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
As well as a generous basic salary we also provide a company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; childcare vouchers, life assurance, holiday buy and much more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.