11 months ago
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Senior Engineer, Mechanical provides significant expertise on complex mechanical engineering issues and acts as a professional resource for the team. Designs and develops a variety of mechanical components and systems for products.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Provides mechanical design expertise to support development of new mechanical items or improving existing ones
* Performs value analysis during the product design phase while optimizing product development costs
* Provides technical support for new projects and evaluates the requirements and implications
* Maintains project files and appropriate records of work
* Acts as a lead, providing knowledge and expertise for colleagues
* Reduces costs and improves mechanical design and development processes, using best practices and professional knowledge
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education:Post-secondary degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
years Experience: 5 - 10 years of relevant experience
* Demonstrated expertise with complex mechanical engineering solutions
* Proficient with 3-D modeling , CAD and Solidworks
* Ability to improve products or services by applying professional and business knowledge
* Able to solve complex problems; makes decisions based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
* Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion