about 1 year ago
Main Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the M&E Director you will join an established team of Mechanical, Electrical and Process Engineers. You will be expected to lead multidisciplinary design schemes, assist with delivery of projects within the Water and Waste sectors as well as providing line management to a group of highly motivated, developing engineers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act in the capacity of Lead Mechanical Engineer on both single and multi-disciplinary projects.
• Undertake site surveys of existing mechanical infrastructure.
• Produce mechanical calculations, mechanical schedules and specifications.
• Undertake pumped system design calculations and pump selection.
• Produce hydraulic and pipework designs and P&I Diagrams
• Undertake checks and reviews of mechanical designs prepared by others.
• Effectively manage project stakeholders (clients, contractors and other design disciplines etc.)
• Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the other Pell Frischmann discipline leads on projects.
• A minimum of 3 -5 years’ experience in relevant discipline
• Experience of outline and detailed mechanical design aspects of Water and Waste Sector
• A good understanding of all relevant standards and Codes of Practice and Health and Safety Legislation relevant to the Water and Waste sector
• Experience in using current design methods
• Be a proactive team player with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Experience of ATEX/DSEAR
• Working as part of a co-located team within a Client office (as required)
• BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience (HNC/HND)
• Chartered Mechanical Engineer: CEng (or working towards membership)
• Member of the IET (or working towards membership)
• CAD/BIM applications
Please send your CV to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE