5 months ago
Job Title : Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Oxford
Category : Building Services Engineering
Type : Permanent Full-time
Salary : Competitive
Reference # : RG1682
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Are you an experienced Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer looking to take that next step in your career? Do you want to work on exceptionally varied and diverse projects?
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our highly experienced and talented Building Services Engineering Team based at our idyllic headquarters offices in the grounds of Blenheim Palace – Oxford.
Our client list includes Formula One teams, Education, commercial, retail, industrial, leisure and many more. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer at Ridge, you will be exposed to a diverse range of interesting sectors and cultures.
Senior Mechanical Engineer duties include:
* Working as part of a design team delivering detailed mechanical building services design
* Undertaking detailed mechanical building services design calculations using a wide range of techniques, including manual hand calculations, Excel spreadsheets and use of industry standard software such as IES and Hevacomp.
* Producing feasibility reports, design specifications and drawings suitable for a wide range of design phases
* Undertake surveys on mechanical building services to advise on their suitability for continued use
* Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
* Working to deliver engineering solutions to client budgets and programmes
* Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
* Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
* Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
* Designing site-specific equipment as required
* Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
* Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
Experience and Qualifications:
•Ideally you will have an accredited Building Services / Mechanical Engineering degree or higher educational qualification .
•Experience within a building services design role running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc
•Ideally chartered or working towards chartered engineer status with a suitable institution.
•Experience using AutoCAD and Revit.
•Experience using design software such as IES and Hevacomp
•Ideally hold a full UK driving license
•You will need to be an excellent communicator who can articulate complicated issues between our clients and our highly skilled project teams.
•You will also need to show ambition and a willingness to learn whilst demonstrating a high-level diligence and organisational skills.
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets our people. We actively challenge and continuously improve our performance by investing in the training and development of our people.
And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
* 25 days holiday
* Company car or car allowance available if chartered
* Private Healthcare
* Life Assurance
* Pension: Standard 5% Ridge Contribution
* Highly competitive salary
* Permanent contract from day one
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Legal Support Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from social housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental, ISO18001 Health & Safety and with Investors in People. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 600 people in 11 offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click 'Apply Now' to be considered.
Closing Date : 12th October 2019