9 months ago
The Senior Marketing Manager will direct and support marketing and strategy activities for the Sales & Commercial function in the OFE business globally. S/he will be a key advisor to the OFE Global Marketing Director (CMO) and to the Global Sales & Commercial Director for OFE.
The Senior Marketing Manager will be accountable for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, he/she will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall strategy.
This role requires close engagement with Global Sales & Commercial for OFE, OFE Finance, Regional OFE Sales, Business Development & Operations. S/he will take ownership in delivering competitive and strategic insights and lead strategic projects to translate those insights into business actions and results. Additionally, s/he will develop market insights, provide content for marketing material and work on other marketing priorities related to the larger OFE and BHGE businesses.
The main responsibilities are:
* Lead and deliver timely and accurate market analysis and insights (market, competition & customer intelligence, and analysis) - with a clear focus on the medium to long-term trends, looking beyond the immediate opportunities/tenders
* Assess competitor strategy and performance and develop insights about customer priorities and future plans; evaluate implications for OFE & BHGE and make recommendations; synthesise inputs related to market intelligence from regions/functions/product lines
* Participate in priority deal reviews and contribute as required
* Deliver elements of strategic planning processes (e.g. annual strategic plan / GPB – Growth Play Book, portfolio analysis, capital allocation etc.)
* Lead/participate in strategic projects – e.g., evaluation of potential new markets/products, realignment of businesses, market assessment of potential acquisitions
* Work with Sales & Commercial team to assist in the development of new products/solutions & enhancements to existing product/solutions in alignment with market needs
* Collaborate with colleagues in other functions, regions and OFE businesses to translate insights and strategic plans to practical business actions
* Draft the key messages (including but, not limited to value propositions) in collaboration with other functions and provide the content for Marketing material (product catalogues, brochures etc.)
* Disseminate knowledge internally through presentations, webchats, written communications
* Demonstrate thought leadership and represent BHGE externally e.g., publishing papers or speaking at appropriate conferences and seminars, in meetings with regulators and potential partners
* Manage or contribute to relevant internal databases (installed base etc.)
* Other activities that fall within the remit of the OFE Marketing team
(Open to flexible working options e.g., working remotely 1 day a week)
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge or experience
* Significant experience in one or more of Oil & Gas industry (operator or equipment/service company), strategy consulting and industrial marketing/strategy
* Strong upstream oil and gas industry knowledge and relevant experience, preferably in the subsea segment
* Excellent analytics and problem-solving, including ability to form hypotheses and move forward in the absence of complete information
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to synthesize complex topics into clear, simple and crisp messages
* Fluent in written and spoken English
* Interpersonal skills to work well with colleagues across all businesses/cultures, achieve objectives through effective influencing, and establish credibility with senior leaders
* Ability to learn relevant tools (e.g., Salesforce.com and third party market research databases) quickly
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Degree in engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience
* MBA or advanced degree in science/engineering
* Experience in upstream oil & gas sales/commercial
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Locations: United Kingdom; Aberdeen