7 months ago
Senior Marine Environmental Consultant
Job Reference - IB037
We’ve been around for more than 135 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more .We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions.
Let’s enhance society together!
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Marine Environmental Consultant to join our team currently working on consenting many of the world’s largest offshore windfarms based in London. We will consider part time applications for this position (Minimum of 22.5 hours per week).
You will need to be an efficient worker and enjoy the challenge of a growth-orientated environment able to work in a team and, at times, independently. The role will require close working with members of the various environmental teams across the UK and in Europe, as well as with staff across other Business Lines. You will contribute proactively to ensure consulting services are consistently delivered to the highest standards, meeting and exceeding clients’ needs.
We have an extensive portfolio of work and the multi-faceted role will involve management/direction, and acquisition, of projects of various sizes including (potentially) energy including nuclear new builds, port expansion works, channel deepening and dredging schemes, and other similar developments at the coast and offshore. You will be expected to provide robust advice to other members of the HaskoningDHV team, be able to individually develop your own leads and promote rewarding business development, and assist in the smooth running and continued successful development of the coastal and marine team.
You will have extensive experience in the marine sector and appropriate knowledge of the regulatory framework will be responsible for the management and delivery of environmental assessment projects, including the coordination and leadership of multidisciplinary teams. Your role will involve directly working with clients, problem solving and representing the company in client offices, regulator meetings and sometimes high pressured environments. It is likely that several projects would be managed and/or supported simultaneously.
Your main areas of work are:-
* Environmental consultancy
* Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and environmental appraisal
* Supporting the delivery of developments and projects within the UK Consent and Planning system and/or Marine Licensing regime
* Environmental investigations, monitoring, data analysis and assessment
* General support to senior technical specialists and the wider team
* Bachelors (essential) and Masters degree (desirable) in environmental science, or related discipline
* Experience in marine development/EIA consultancy
* Experience in post-consent project delivery
* Experience working with Marine regulators e.g. MMO, Natural England, Cefas
* Understanding of environmental law, the EIA process, and relevant government policy
* Robust project management and financial management skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills
* Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team
* Focused, articulate and professional in appearance and standard of work
* Commercial acumen and recognition of growth of services
* Confidence at the client-interface
* Willingness to travel, including possibly to international destinations
For full details on the role please see attached Job Description
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits, including a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer