20 days ago
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Job Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Salary Grade: £41,700 - £50,000 depending on experience
Location: Peterlee, County Durham
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, 10% Bonus, Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Childcare Vouchers, Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%), Free Car Parking, Caterpillar Advantage website
Hours: Full Time - 36.50
Travel: Not associate with this role
Relocation/Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
Closing Date: Sunday 15th November
Job Reference: 200006K8
Caterpillar Peterlee is the worldwide source of Cat® Articulated Trucks, currently producing an 8-model range used in many industries including mining, construction and aggregates. The facility's manufacturing activities use the latest computer analysis techniques, robotic technology and a state-of-the-art paint plant. Machines from the site are shipped to customers around the world.
The Manufacturing Engineering team are responsible for developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommending and implementing improvements to production processes, and coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. The team utilises the latest design systems and techniques including 3D virtual vitalisation and Production Validation centres.
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will have the opportunity to provide the technical expertise necessary to design, develop, and implement manufacturing systems, complex manufacturing operations and sophisticated machines. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and coach team members, whilst broadening your professional network.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, analysing and managing Manufacturing / Fabrication / Paint / Assembly Projects.
- Assisting in developing department capital and expense budgets as well as maintaining the department capital forecast.
- Administering the New Product Introduction (NPI) process to ensure that Engineering drawings are released and processed on time for NPI build.
- Leading, developing and supporting timely Design for Manufacture Best Practices, Operation Excellence Process Validation Best Practices and Lean Operation Excellence and Manufacturing Best Practices.
- Engaging in creative problem solving to address operational issues including: ergonomic / safety, efficiency
improvements, process bottlenecks, quality concerns.
- Working with internal and external suppliers to develop and manage projects to ensure efficient and cost- effective systems and processes to produce quality products.
- Providing the application, procurement, processing, installation and capability of new fabrication, material handling, test, heat treat, welding, painting and / or chemical processes and equipment.
- Designing, developing and implementing the integration of manufacturing systems including factory control software, scheduling techniques, simulation and systems application.
- Coordinating, planning, monitoring and reporting the activities associated with the flow analysis, design, financial modelling and implementation of complex manufacturing group technology cells in an assigned area.
- Coordinating the purchase and application of machine tools, controls and related equipment corporate wide to ensure the latest technology is being used to increase efficiency and economy of operations.
- Supporting designing complex or intricate jigs and fixtures.
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- University or technical degree in a manufacturing engineering-related discipline (or equivalent)
- Previous job relevant experience
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- University technical master’s degree in a manufacturing engineering-related discipline
- Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
- Able to build strong relationships and collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Lean manufacturing training and qualifications
- CE / PUWER Qualifications
- Safety / Ergonomic Qualifications
- Safety NEBOSH / IOSH Qualification and/or be able to demonstrate through previous experience, a positive attitude and commitment towards Safety
- Leadership Experience and Qualifications
- APQP / PPAP Experience and Qualifications
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
To apply for this position please visit Caterpillar Careers (-******) > Careers > Search and apply > Experienced Professionals > paste the job number from then advert into the search box and then follow the application process.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). EEO/AA Employer - all qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Unposting Date- Nov 15, 2020, 11:59:00 PM
Primary Location- United Kingdom-Durham-Peterlee
Job- Manufacturing & Supply Chain