2 months ago
AutoReq ID 134872BR
Job Title Senior Manager - Transformation Architect - Operations (Insurance)
Country United Kingdom
Function Management Consulting
Service Line Operational Transformation
Service Line Information In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years.
Our Operations & Customer team are highly experienced sector specialists who help organisations, with increasingly complex challenges, to transform the performance of their core operations and supply chains.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Our Insurance Transformation team, is at the heart of supporting our clients in shaping, planning and delivering critical business change. The team focuses on transforming the performance of organisations helping them focus on the customer to drive growth and implement an operating model that is efficient.
Our clients are experiencing significant disruption. The rapid adoption of new digital technologies, the emergence of non-traditional competitors and more stringent regulations mean that today’s Insurance customers are more empowered, demanding and price conscious.
We are seeking an Insurance focussed, Operations Transformation Architect to shape and design market leading solutions and deliver operational transformation engagements in the Insurance sector. This will be a senior role in our practice and as such will have significant responsibility for designing, architecting and delivering large scale solutions to our clients. You will be a strong advocate for Intelligent Automation technologies and will help us to drive the next generation of client solutions. The role will also require supporting major bids and proposals. As a senior manager, the incumbent will be actively supporting our people strategy through coaching and development of team members and acting as a Performance Manager for several people.
Our Insurance Transformation team, within the Management Consulting practice, is a priority growth area for KPMG with significant investment plans and big growth ambitions. As such we’re looking for people with a broad range of skills to fit within our existing team. We’re passionate about business transformation and technology and are looking for people who share that passion. Joining us offers the opportunity to work with Insurance sector clients on exciting, high profile and leading edge engagements with the potential to:
- Rapidly develop your career by becoming part of a growing team:
- Accelerate your personal development through varied and exciting client opportunities coupled with focused learning & development with a world class brand; and
- Develop yourself as a consultant, manager and leader
The main duties and responsibilities of the job
- Using Insurance experience coupled with deep technical expertise of a range of automation and process orchestration technologies, tools and techniques, deliver complex solutions within business transformation programmes.
- Able to work with non-technology business stakeholders, simplifying complex technology terminology, and guiding and shaping the solution for the client.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships within the sector, leveraging proven industry content and delivery capability.
- Strong bid management experience including presenting or pitching to clients to win new business.
- People management, building a team of consultants with the right mix of grades, competencies and experience to support client opportunities and projected growth.
Skills, qualifications and experience required for the role
- Hands-on practical knowledge of RPA, BPM, Machine Learning and Cognitive/AI, MI and data warehousing principles to help guide and steer decisions.
- Detailed and applied knowledge of the commercial specialty or personal SME insurance sector.
- Prior experience in consulting or leading large scale, complex business and transformation programmes in the capacity of Project/Programme Manager or solution architect/application developer within the insurance industry.
- Experience of managing and mentoring staff and helping with their personal and professional development.
- In-depth understanding of the key industry, market and regulatory drivers shaping the Insurance/FS industry and an ability to articulate these by way of client opportunities.
- The ability to present to C-Level decision makers is preferable.
- Experience of working with some or all of the following technologies:
o RPA toolsets (Appian, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath, OpenSpan etc.)
o Infrastructure Virtualisation
o OCR (Kofax, Kodak, Xerox, etc.)
o Citrix/ emulators
o iBPMs [ Appian, IBM BPM, PEGA, etc.]
o Cognitive services
o Rules engines
The Insurance Transformation practice focusses on the delivery of strategic changes that encompass innovation, customer experience, growth transformation, regulatory change and large scale cost reduction/efficiency improvements.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options.
We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Operations Manager, Management Consulting, Manager, Insurance, Operations, Management