about 1 year ago
Job ID : 90597BR
Location : Belgium - Remote
France - Remote / Field
Germany - Remote / Field
Italy - Remote / Field
Netherlands - Remote / Field
Portugal - Remote / Field
Spain - Remote / Field
United Kingdom - Remote / Field
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Technical Sales Specialist Molecular Biology
Group: Life Science Solutions Group
Job Type: Full Time
Career Band: 8
Territory: Molecular Biology, West/South Europe
The Senior Sales Manager position is a field-based management position accountable for France, Italy, Spain, Portugal sales results for molecular biology products and KingFisher™ sample purification instruments. This position is responsible for achieving revenue targets, leading business processes and managing the resources associated with the products. In this position you are accountable to Commercial leadership for; achieving agreed upon sales and financial targets, establishing and maintaining effective professional relationships with key customers, ensuring effective sales, attracting and retaining qualified Technical Sales Specialists to realize growth opportunities within the Region and, providing service to customers consistent with Thermo Fisher Scientific standards and expectations.
Creates a strategy & tactical plan for molecular biology & KingFisher™ businesses to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon with Thermo Fisher Scientific Commercial management for the Region.
Directs the tactical implementation of the business plan to meet objectives across the teams and geographies– including growth initiatives, sales to new accounts in target industries, successful introduction of new products.
Influencing and interacting with the global/local leadership including General Manager/Vice President level, product management, marketing and sales leadership. Continuously drives process and operation improvement opportunities.
Oversees contracts/quotations within Thermo Fisher Scientific Guidelines by extending competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase margin with guidance from Director of Sales or Commercial Operations’ Finance department.
This individual’s responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following specific responsibilities:
* In partnership with other members of the management team, scope out the short and long-term strategic and operating plans for the portfolio.
* Implement the commercial strategies, ensuring alignment with the global and regional plans.
* Through Technical Sales Specialists, directs the process of selling Thermo Fisher Scientific molecular biology & KingFisher™ products and services to customers and prospects via direct sales and channel partners
* Consistently monitors results of sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use a CRM system and other designated IT tools
* Identify and evaluate market opportunities for growth – Engage in business development for emerging technologies or market segments.
* Ensure a financially sound operation with solid corporate governance and compliance. Manage the business’s budget appropriately.
* Partner with other members of the management team, globally and in the region, to formulate cross-functional strategies for accelerated growth.
* Monitor market intelligence and keep abreast of competition; economics, and the regulatory environment.
* Lead a technically-savvy team; hire, motivate, and retain staff, to build a high performing team.
Reports to: EMEA Technical Sales Specialist Leader
Manages: 14 Direct reports
Other key relationships:
Regional and Global leadership
Regional Sales leaders in EMEA
Regional market development teams
Nature and Scope
* Proficient in strategic and tactical thinking about the business, developing actionable business plans and demonstrating to Region team member how to achieve those plans
* Strong analytical and business planning skills.
* Superior professional presence and business acumen.
* Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate with many diverse customer audiences such as Economic Decision Makers and other influencers, and internal audiences across functions Communication skills include excellent listening and presentation skills.
* Strong capability to interface effectively with all customer types across functions and at all levels to gain commitment, obtain resources, and achieve desired results.
* Ability to function effectively with a high performance team with strong team building skills and the ability to resolve conflict.
* Requires ~50% travel
* Proficient in English
* Requires 7 plus years’ experience in sales and/or sales management. Knowledge of molecular biology preferred.
* Integration and change management experience.
* Selling capital equipment and pipeline/funnel management
* Experience leading a selling organization, or understanding of business practice in the Life Science industry. Familiarity with funding practices with respect to the life sciences industry.
* Previous operating in a matrixed environment
* Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience. A Master’s degree is preferred.
Other Personal Characteristics
* Negotiation and persuasion skills.
* Business planning and analytical skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* A good people’s person, with the ability to work effectively at all levels.
* Solid business and financial acumen, a change agent.
* A collaborative, result-oriented individual.
* A team player, with a positive attitude, and commitment to the development of his/her
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.