9 months ago
AutoReq ID 139641BR
Job Title Senior Manager - FS Customer - Insurance
Country United Kingdom
Function Management Consulting
Service Line Customer
Service Line Information In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years.
Our Customer team are highly experienced sector specialists who help organisations, with increasingly complex challenges, to transform the performance of their core operations and supply chains.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
The Customer advisory team in KPMG is at the heart of delivering innovative and large scale customer-centric digital transformation programmes across all market and industry segments to help our clients reinvent their businesses for the digital age.
The primary objective of this role is to manage the sale, delivery and fulfilment of our Customer advisory client engagements in the Banking sector – as a Senior Manager leading large and often multi-disciplinary teams. We are looking for a blend of deep banking industry experience with excellent customer and digital transformation experience to help us deliver new world-class digital capabilities to some of the world’s most successful Banks.
Our programmes run deep inside businesses. We enable the development of innovative new products and services and help our clients transform into omni-channel, customer-centic, cost-efficient businesses. Successful candidates will work collaboratively with teams and co-design solutions from across broader KPMG and KPMG Advisory. Leading and supporting bids also forms part of this role.
As an integral part of the broader Customer advisory team in the UK, this role resides within the Banking sector where the successful candidate is expected to deliver the following:
- Engagement delivery: responsibility for leading Customer and Digital transformation programmes, featuring CRM and Digital and Analytics solutions (particularly on Microsoft technology) and projects of Banks of large size and complexity, with experience in planning, managing and executing the delivery of engagements, including overseeing the writing of delivery of new digital solutions and platforms and the review and quality assurance of work projects
- People development: leading large, often multi-disciplinary teams, identifying team member development needs and accelerating development with particular emphasis on managing and mentoring engagement team members, coaching and skills transfer.
- Practice development and asset development: leading the development of new CRM and Digital solution assets and skill development in Customer and digital consulting that are key to scaling the business - the role will involve international collaboration to build new CRM and Digital offerings and assets
- Business development: leading the development of and sustaining relationships both internally and with client management; including leading Customer business development activity (including developing, contributing to and presenting proposals/ bids for future work), working alongside colleagues with Operational transformation skills.
- Risk management: identifying and managing risks, engagement assurance and commercial risk management and ensuring the Firm's frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
The base location is flexible and can be any of KPMG’s UK offices. Travel is however an essential part of the role due to the nature of the projects.
Successful candidates should have Banking consulting experience - ideally coming from a leading transformation consulting background such as either: consulting firms, SI houses, progressive digital agencies, technology innovators or top end boutique providers.
The candidate must demonstrate some (not necessarily all)
the following experience:
- Working in Customer led transformation including Customer Experience design
- Functional experience of Microsoft based Customer solutions
- Experience of agile digital delivery projects
- Multi-channel customer experience journey mapping and service design
- Agile experience and cross functional ways of working
- Knowledge of Banking sales and service process transformation
- Digital innovation (e.g. cognitive, Fintech innovation and partnering)
- Digital channel design and migration
- Process re-engineering, preferably Lean/Six Sigma experience
In addition to this, the successful candidate must also demonstrate the following attributes:
- Ability to adapt and flex across multi-disciplinary programmes
- Proven change leadership/management experience
- Strong emphasis on execution rather than concept
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Business Development, Consulting, Supply, QA, Insurance, Sales, Technology, Operations, Quality