9 months ago
AutoReq ID 138482BR
Job Title Senior Manager - Finance Transformation (FS Insurance)
Country United Kingdom
Function Management Consulting
Service Line Financial Management
Service Line Information In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In Financial Management, we improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the finance function and generate real insights to help deliver value to the business.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
We have had amazing successes and growth over the last six months in the Insurance Finance Transformation market by winning a substantial share of the IFRS 17 and Finance Systems Transformation opportunities in the Global Insurance market. As a result, we are looking to grow our team and capabilities to deliver successfully for our clients on these exciting implementation journeys. In particular we are looking for candidates who would be potential future leaders of the firm, working as part of the management team to help evolve our Insurance Finance Transformation Advisory practices to the next level. This is an exciting time to be at KPMG and our Insurance Finance Transformation team.
- Lead client delivery engagements and/or significant workstreams
- Accountable for the successful delivery of engagement deliverables and client outcomes
- Provide structure and direction to the delivery of engagement activities.
- Build positive and collaborative relationships with senior client stakeholders
- Facilitate collaborative and fulfilling working environments for the client and KPMG staff on engagements
- Support Partners & Directors to create business development and sales opportunities for the firm
- Contributes to the development of response for proposals (RFPs) to client opportunities
- Participate as Subject Matter Expert in client sales pitches / presentations / meetings
- Develop innovative and client issue-led Go-to-market propositions
- Build credibility and relationships in the market
- Seek to cross-sell and bring opportunities to other part of the firm where appropriate
People management & talent development:
- Act as formal performance manager for members of the team
- Lead and take on internal operational management responsibilities for the team
- Champion and sponsor practice development initiatives and provide guidance to junior members of the team on these initiatives
- Lead and/or contribute to formal training, knowledge sharing, networking activities for the team
- Act as informal career development mentors and coaches for junior members of the team
- Awareness and understanding of new IFRS 17 standards and requirements
- Previous Finance Transformation delivery experience
- Understanding of Insurance Finance operations and financial reporting processes
- Experience in leading the design of data, technology and business solutions to meet client issues and challenges, for example (not an exhaustive list):
- Reporting Working Day Timetable acceleration
- Financial production process and systems automations
- Operational efficiencies
- Data management and governance
- Data integration & data quality
- Reporting and disclosure
- Data analytics
- Business performance management and insights
- Financial management
- Previous delivering management experience in regulatory, IFRS 17, Finance data & systems change programmes within Financial Services.
- Technical subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas (not an exhaustive list):
- Finance systems architecture
- General ledger and financial reporting systems
- Data architecture & integration
- Structured & Unstructured data management approaches
- Cloud based technology systems
- Insurance Finance Data Model
- Insurance Chart of Accounts design
- Accounting rules posting engine
- Manage diverse project teams with a mixed of client, KPMG, 3rd party suppliers and independent contractor resources
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Financial, Consulting, Business Development, Data Management, Finance, Insurance, Technology, Sales, Data