10 months ago
Job Id : 5102
Department : IT Services (incl.MOD)
Benefits : Competitive
Job type : Full time
Location : Devonport, Plymouth
Type : Permanent
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Senior Managed Services Engineer role encapsulates all of the roles and responsibilities of the Managed Services Engineer, these include ensuring all calls allocated to them are delivered within NG Bailey’s clients Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), responding to service calls relating to faults, provisions and Business As Usual (BAU) project work across all IT Services Managed Services.
As a Senior Managed Services Engineer, you may have line management responsibility over MSE’s. As a line manager, you will have responsibility for mentoring MSE’s, ensuring they continue developing in their roles. Additionally, as a Senior Managed Services Engineer, the business will look to support your career development by providing you the opportunity to cover the role of Project Engineer in a back fill capacity, as and when the requirement exists.
* Health & Safety - Demonstrate appropriate Health and Safety leadership to ensure that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout any activities carried out.
* Business Processes - Ensure adherence to all NG Bailey’s policies, processes and procedures
* Compliance - Ensure all works comply with NG Bailey IT Service’s standards and to meet and exceed client expectations whilst ensuring adherence to vendor and manufacturer design guidelines
* Budgeting - To ensure material control and maintain records of deliveries and project stock.
* Weekly Reviews - To ensure provision of timely and accurate internal and customer project reporting(timesheets, mileage returns, daily reports, completion certificates)
* Project Delivery - To assist in the quality and productivity against programme and maintain daily siterecords and reports.
* Relationships with Customers - Ensure that positive relationships are maintained with the customer throughefficient delivery of projects and service with a view to optimising future opportunities andprofitability.
* Knowledge of MoD standards – CIDA course
* Completing red line drawings – ACAD course
* Electrical experience – testing and certification city and guilds or equivalent
* Escalation processes
* Knowledge of Service Level agreement timelines and responsibilities
* Willing to be part of an on call rota
* Any reasonable request by Line Manager
* Willing to travel UK and Overseas
* Evident experience working within "Live" Customer sites
* Evident experience of the installation of Structured and Voice Cabling Systems
* Fully conversant with the setup and operation of Fluke Analysers
* The ability to locate and rectify faults on structured cabling systems
* Ability to work from construction drawings
* Able to self-manage workload without supervision
* Lone working, the ability to work remotely
* Able to work as part of a team and be a team player
* Demonstrate the ability to interface with customers with a professional and informative approach
* Willing to travel
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS:
* Minimum GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
* Security Clearance
* Driving License
* UKATA (CAT A) Asbestos Awareness
* CSCS Card
* Manual Handling
* Working at Height
* IOSH Working Safely or SSSTS Training
* PASMA / IPAF
* Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI) Accreditation
* NACCOSS - NSI Certification