about 1 year ago
Senior Maintenance Engineer
Requisition ID :2019-66402
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Operations & Maintenance
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting a Senior Maintenance Engineer to join its Aberdeen office.
* Execute assigned personal objectives with minimal supervision
* Under instruction from Lead Maintenance Engineer, delegate tasks to personnel
* Undertake review of peer and junior personnel work in accordance with OMS Review and checking procedure
* Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific OMS and client procedures in execution of Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) work activities. Provide feedback for continuous improvement of aforementioned procedures, if applicable
* Provide guidance on project set-up with regards to maintenance related data requirements / structure / delivery format / client CMMS master data values, etc.
* Be capable of supporting development of maintenance related data definition guides, processes and procedures.
* Carry out periodic QA / QC audits over CMMS developed data to ensure build is in accordance with guidelines and aligned to client expectations
* Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments
* Provide discipline technical support to the wider OMS business
* Provide discipline specific input to scope definition and execution for new project work scopes
* Clearly communicate any identified improvements to service execution to Lead Maintenance Engineer
* Provide coaching and mentoring of junior position personnel directly assigned by Lead Maintenance Engineer
Skills / Qualifications
* BSc, B.Eng, HNC, HND or equivalent with industrial experience in maintenance engineering
* NVQ or equivalent trade-based qualification with hands on industrial experience in maintenance engineering
* Demonstrable balance of industrial experience at relevant level and position
* Demonstrable involvement in supporting development of maintenance and integrity strategies using CMMS
* Knowledge and experience in the development and implementation of CMMS maintenance.
* Experience with one of more CMMS packages (e.g. Maximo, SAP, etc.)
* Intellectually capable, can apply maintenance theory in a practical context
* Diligent and dependable in consistent application of established process
* Professional demeanor with appropriate interpersonal skills
* Good team working skills
* Good written communication [technical report writing]
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.